Notices

38 Top Gun

Old 08-28-2007, 08:58 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
if a repo: let the guy have a few more rides because he won't have another TS TG anytime soon with a big $$ repo on his credit report! This would be an appropriate place to use the "drive it like you stole it line!"
You apparently aren't in the banking business. If he'd have borrowed the money from you, you'd want to lynch him in the nearest tree for thoroughly screwing you.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:13 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
You apparently aren't in the banking business. If he'd have borrowed the money from you, you'd want to lynch him in the nearest tree for thoroughly screwing you.
Ha, you are 100% right on that one. I just think of a guy with no money looking to have one last ride before the boat is taken away. His life probably sucks already so why not have one good summer to remember.

There will be a lot more stories like this as the housing market falls apart, causing slowdowns in whole industries. I know of a 55 Sea Ray that is going back if it doesn't sell shortly. Guy is a builder with 8 million in inventory that was sold when it was built and the buyers evaporated. He got to keep about 500K in deposits but that money is getting spent rapidly due to carrying costs. He is a good guy getting crunched by the slowdown.

A warehouse development I sold out of last year now has 40% of its newly completed units for sale. The buyers fled high ownership costs/ maintenance and builder got stuck with lots of inventory. When I sold my warehouse it was the only one for sale, now there are 30!

Boats are just going to be the first thing to be let go in the long chain of financially coming unravelled.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:15 AM

http://www.admiraltylawguide.com/conven/arrest1999.html

While technically and grammatically correct, it may be a poor choice of words if the majority of the recipients don't recognize it as such.

As far as a new guy coming on here, claiming to speak for others with a nebulous explanation seeking assistance locating a boat and using explanations such as "I know it seems vague, but due to the legal system I can't go into all of the details", He probably go as much as he could ever expect.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Ha, you are 100% right on that one. I just think of a guy with no money looking to have one last ride before the boat is taken away. His life probably sucks already so why not have one good summer to remember.

Typically that's not what happens. More often than not, the boat is either getting beat up or stripped of it's running gear which is being sold off so the deadbeat can scrape up a few extra bucks. The banks typically can't recover these shortfalls from their bust-outs so guess who pays the freight? You 'n me, my friend. Just like the drunken boater who centepunches a cruiser full of kiddies in the dark, that gets tacked onto my insurance renewal.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Matt - good points. Here is what I know.

Jeff Murray had the boat at his house (Southern California) - holding it there for the owner. The new owner is from IL. His buddy runs a 46 Cig in Chicago. I hear there is a "problem" with that boat as well.

Jeff - what was the date it went missing from your front yard?

The boat had 525's with ITS Xr's. Props were lab Bronson Hill 32's.

Rear seats were new style while front seats were "old" style.

Trailer was a Myco Aluminum - trailer stamp indicates "36". Trailer originally made for a Gladiator.

That's it for what I know.

Triton....up the reward. Money gets people talking.

Chris
Old 08-28-2007, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Chris,

Hopefully you got your money out of the deal.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm good.

CP
Old 08-28-2007, 10:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Schweeng
Matt - good points. Here is what I know.

Jeff Murray had the boat at his house (Southern California) - holding it there for the owner. The new owner is from IL. His buddy runs a 46 Cig in Chicago. I hear there is a "problem" with that boat as well.

Jeff - what was the date it went missing from your front yard?

The boat had 525's with ITS Xr's. Props were lab Bronson Hill 32's.

Rear seats were new style while front seats were "old" style.

Trailer was a Myco Aluminum - trailer stamp indicates "36". Trailer originally made for a Gladiator.

That's it for what I know.

Triton....up the reward. Money gets people talking.

Chris

I though all Cig seat were old style..... So, the boat was stolen from Jeff's yard?
Old 08-28-2007, 11:29 AM
Banned

PM me with your phone number
Old 08-28-2007, 04:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Triton,
714/269-0066 Keith
When rewards are involved, this is who insurance companies call for results. Give him a call and I am sure he can help. I consulted with him about protecting my dealership when it comes to these matters. He had some innovative ideas that I hope will never come in handy!

Best of luck in your search.

Quick Reply: 38 Top Gun

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.