If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Member #9 Charter Member hp500efi's Avatar
    Pewaukee, WI

Post Miami Boat Show Question

The wife and I might (thats a big might) be able to swing a trip down to Miami to toast a beer with everyone at the OSO party as well as check out some boats. My question is this.....

If I got down there mid morning on Friday, kept Friday afternoon open to tour AT factory, and came home some time on Sunday, is SATURDAY enough time to check out some boats at the show? or am I wasting my time?

I realize that Saturday is probably the busiest at the show and if you guys tell me (honestly) that I will not be able to see many boats due to the crowds, I will take that into consideration.

Member of the Liquid Jungle

in my opinion, you can see all the "performance" oriented boats easily. last year, we got there about noon and were out by 5 or so.

New Hampshuu !!

All the offshore boats are at the convention need to go to multiple locations. No problem seeing what you want to see in one never gets THAT crowded....

My Boats:
    2004 36 Concept
    Toms River, NJ

Depends on what you do at the show. If you take your time and talk to the manufacturers in the booths it can take 2 days to see the whole show. If you just glance at everything and you are not shopping for a boat, engines or access. you can walk the show in a 1/2 day.

You also want to go to the Marriott and see the performance boats in the water.

Hustler 26

Like DaveP said. It depends on what you do. I plan on one day at the in water show, another day at the convention centerand a third to use as a follow up in case I what to go back and recheck on something. But no matter what, the Miami Show is a must go to.

OSO Moderator Charter Member BillR's Avatar
    My Boats:
    '00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
    Virginia Beach, VA

It's a big show. With ALL the people there on Sat, it may be tough to see. I'll use Thursday to do the convetion center, then Friday for the in water stuff and anything I might want to see again at the convention center.

Jeff, If you come to Miami, we need to hook up.
    I'll be there from 12 noon Wed - 4pm Sat.
    Staying at the Riu on Collins. I will be at the OSO party with Donziman2 and PQvyper340.

[ 01-26-2002: Message edited by: BillR ]

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
    '02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
    '02 PQ 340
    '00 PQ 280
    '98 Scarab 22
    '97 Baja Outlaw 20
    '72 Checkmate
    '65 Glastron

My Boats:
    23 wellcraft nova
    the eastern shore of the Chesapeake Bay

Amd be aware that the convention center has a second story, I didn't realize that last year and missed a TON of vendors. Have fun.