Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   WHERE IS EVERYBODY GOING TO RACE THIS YEAR S.B.I. OR APBA (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/16703-where-everybody-going-race-year-s-b-i-apba.html)

Cain Crew 01-26-2002 10:31 PM

Raising Cain will run APBA...half of the Pro-Series and all of the GLSCS...lots of SBI to far south.

DaveP 01-26-2002 11:03 PM

NJPPC will be producing the Atlantic City Race with APBA Offshore and we're looking forward to it :D :D

EVERYONE is welcome to come and join us ;)

Frank Civitano 01-26-2002 11:08 PM

APBA. And lets leave it at that!

01-27-2002 12:06 AM

Its a real shame that APBA and SBI cant find some way to at least establish a working relationship fot the betterment of the sport.I think that by ageeing not to schedule races against each other and trying to establish uniform classes and rules where possible; both organizations would benefit in the long run.That being said, I think most teams will still support APBA in 2002.

GO4BROKE 01-27-2002 07:23 AM

I agree with MJH.

Fountain Xtreme 01-27-2002 08:49 AM

We will have to give SBI a shoot this year,the site they are running works better for us.It doesnt seem that there will be as much politics involved.Its sucks that we the racers are in the middle of this mess with APBA,and SBI.I think they forget we are the sport with out us there would be no racing...

BODYSHOT1 01-27-2002 12:21 PM

Looks like we'll be SBI/OPA for the most part..there'll be quite a few races right in our backyard..Point Pleasant/Seaside and Jersey City.. :cool: ..but we're also looking forward to Atlantic City with the NJPPC and APBA.. :D

Can't wait to get started!!
:D :D

boatinjoe 01-27-2002 12:22 PM

MJH from what I was told the FORCE series asked APBA and SBI to get together and both sanction the races. SBI said OK, APBA said no way? Who's fault is that. APBA has even gone on the schedule races aganist existing races. How does that benefit? They even scheduled Savannah aganist Sarasota. They can't run downtown Savannah, the APBA insurance will not allow it, the river is only about 800 feet wide. The racing lanes would be no more than 500 feet. So what gives?

I was really hoping both sides could get together through the FORCE series. Could you imagine the show at a joint sanction race! Worth paying for!

WHIPLASH RACING 01-27-2002 01:19 PM

Will mostly be doing the APBA NAtional Series with the Teams that I crew for. Would love to make the races in my own back yard but that is life. Can't have your cake and eat it too. Well at least I can not. Will tery to make some of the races in my area if I can. Just looking a lil tuff right now. Been putting together my own schedule for traveling, time needed to work, etc, etc. I am starting to pull my hair out. Just kidding!! Hope all teams no matter where they are racing have a very safe racing year. GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL!!!!!! :D

eMotiondriver 01-27-2002 03:57 PM

SBI Stock class. See ya there outboards..