Notices

Need help at loto!

Old 10-05-2007, 11:20 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BattleCry
No need to correct you Sea-Dated. That is exactly who figured it out. It didn't take Brad 2 days to figure it out. I don't believe he was ever paid for or the part returned that he took off another customer's boat for your boat. How many other mechanics couldn't figure this out?
First of all before posting "I don't believe" you may want to get your facts straight. Your comment makes it look like I ripped someone off. Anyone that knows me knows I would never cheat anyone out of $1! I always pay what I owe and tip very heavily on top of it. I was not even at the run as it says throughout this thread. The person that found the problem explained to me what happened. I thanked he profusely and asked what I owe him. He said don't worry about it! I instrucked the guys there with my boat to take care of everyone that helped in any way and over $500 in tips were given. Whether he was tipped or not I truthfully can't say. As for the part that was borrowed, Larry Goldman called him for his address to have a new one sent direct from Whipple, he said don't bother, it's a $9.00 part and he has more of them. If anyone feels I owe them a dollar they can call me at 954-471-0195 or email me an invoice. I pay as I go and pay very well. Your comment does offend me and truthfully, If your not the person that figured out the problem, it's non of your business. Where did this come from? your post 2 days ago was
I thought the boat had an engine problem that couldn't be figured out...Blower Shaft or Coupler or something to that nature. What ended up being the problem and who figured it out and fixed it?
It's a real shame, The gentleman that figured out the problem did me a huge favor. I was very appreciative. I asked him if there is anything I can do for him. For it to get turned around into this negative post is really too bad. If anyone knows how I can get in touch with him, please let me know. I will call him directly to see if he is owed anything.

Last edited by LubeJobs42; 10-05-2007 at 11:27 PM.
Old 10-06-2007, 11:04 AM
Registered

Received 64 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
If anyone knows how I can get in touch with him, please let me know. I will call him directly to see if he is owed anything.
I just called Brad and he said he is not owed anything for fixing the boat, he was just glad to be able to help to make sure the boat got to make the run. eric is who owned the boat that the part came off of, as I understand it he talked to larry about the part and told him not to worry about it.

If you do need to get ahold of brad his number is 417-499-7855
Old 10-10-2007, 04:31 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank You for taking such a great offense to what I asked and said. My only intention was for the gentleman who figured out the problem to get the proper credit he had coming to him. Who cares about the money and whether you pay your bills or not. This comment is about giving the respect and credit to the guy who figured out the problem and borrowed the part off of another customer's boat, so that your boat could make the run.

Until I mentioned this a week ago, not you, nor anyone else on this thread had ever mentioned anything about this. Give Brad a call and put this whole thing to rest. Its that simple.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:55 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Geez, I'm starting to agree with some of the others about the negative posts.
Someone came off with a very negative sounding, and accusatory post (non-payment) when in fact it is something that was done as a FAVOR at no significant cost to the person offering aid, but significant help to the person that benefited.
If someone breaks down on a normal day boating, and you tow them back, do you expect $$ for gas, and everything else. Hell, I've done it before, and also gave the guy a few beers for the long slow trip. I've been offered $$ for dragging them in, and always turned it down, and just said "If you see me (or anyone) broke down, just do the same". I thought that was part of being on the water - at least thats how I was raised on the water.
I would think you guy's running these mega powerboats would have a little more commraderie to help keep each other running and enjoying the hobby.
Guess I didn't realize that if someone does you a favor you need to take out a billboard ad to thank them.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:16 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
Geez, I'm starting to agree with some of the others about the negative posts.
Someone came off with a very negative sounding, and accusatory post (non-payment) when in fact it is something that was done as a FAVOR at no significant cost to the person offering aid, but significant help to the person that benefited.
If someone breaks down on a normal day boating, and you tow them back, do you expect $$ for gas, and everything else. Hell, I've done it before, and also gave the guy a few beers for the long slow trip. I've been offered $$ for dragging them in, and always turned it down, and just said "If you see me (or anyone) broke down, just do the same". I thought that was part of being on the water - at least thats how I was raised on the water.
I would think you guy's running these mega powerboats would have a little more commraderie to help keep each other running and enjoying the hobby.
Guess I didn't realize that if someone does you a favor you need to take out a billboard ad to thank them.
I'm with you 100%. I thanked the gentleman with all my heart over the phone the day of the incident.
Commraderie is a big part Poker runs and peformance boating. Every one of us have needed help one time or another. I have towed in more guys then i can count. I have loaned countless parts including transmission and drives. I have never looked for anyone to give me any kind of "credit".

Thank You for taking such a great offense to what I asked and said. My only intention was for the gentleman who figured out the problem to get the proper credit he had coming to him. Who cares about the money and whether you pay your bills or not. This comment is about giving the respect and credit to the guy who figured out the problem and borrowed the part off of another customer's boat, so that your boat could make the run.

Until I mentioned this a week ago, not you, nor anyone else on this thread had ever mentioned anything about this. Give Brad a call and put this whole thing to rest. Its that simple.
First of all that was not your intention. Here is your quote exactly. I don't believe he was ever paid for or the part returned that he took off another customer's boat for your boat.

That is not looking to get Brad credit for what he did.
Truthfully, this was between me and him and non of your business. from your first post you obviously didn't know what you were talking about.

" What ended up being the problem and who figured it out and fixed it? ".
All your post did was aggrevate me and make Brad look like he helped us to get paid NOT to be the great guy he is by helping out a fellow boater in need. Which I am very thankful for and hopefully I can some day repay the favor to him.