Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Playcraft pontoon 89mph, 42 Fountain 69mph.. >

Playcraft pontoon 89mph, 42 Fountain 69mph..

Notices

Playcraft pontoon 89mph, 42 Fountain 69mph..

Old 08-27-2007, 12:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wobble
Yep, 1 mph faster without the optional blender running

Actually I think he was able to burn off a 1/4 tank of propane during the break while grilling some brauts
Old 08-27-2007, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 271 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by cuda
Nah, I don't really. I just don't think a guy that doesn't have a boat, should make fun of the speed of a guy that does have a boat.
LOL - you hit the nail on the head.

Talk is cheap..................I bet that pontoon would beat over half the boats he's owned.........err not owned...........err talked of owning
Old 08-27-2007, 12:21 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Von Bongo
You must be hard up for entertainment
Hey...I was multi-tasking...reading a book with the broadcast in the background!
Old 08-27-2007, 12:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by waterboy222
was it the toon with the 525 in it or the one with ob's? ihave video of the one with the 525 pullin into shooters..
It was the one with the egg beaters. 300's I think.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:13 PM
Registered

There was also a toon with a 600 in it I think......now thats a $200grand pontoon boat
Old 08-27-2007, 01:27 PM
Registered

Does any one know who was driving the 42 lightning with the slow pass? Maybe he will chime in here for a defense and a little lecture. A friend of mine has a 700 #6 boat. It ran over well over 100mph on the Leopa poker run a few weeks ago. It is still funny that the only way people can bash Fountains performance is to laugh at a boat that jst simply might have had engine trouble( if this is the case) A 69mph 700 #6 42? All of you who even think thats all this boat is capable of need to go back to work.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:57 PM
Registered

Friend of mine just got the same set-up and while getting used to it had A LOT of trouble getting it out of the water, lets hope he had no trouble and just couldn't get it to hook up. If he had the same issue getting it on plane as my friend, I would be impressed to see him hit 69mph in such a short distance.

Congrats to all for running what you have, they are all great boats.........wish I could do the same.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:58 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

I know the boat and the driver. I do not know the speed nor the condition of his run. The biggest misconception about the Shootout is that it is a kilo run. IT IS A DRAG RACE!!!! One mile is all you get. Very few large fast boats can get to top speed in a mile. It is possible he hit some rollers and layed off the rest of the run. That 42 is very fast. It was rough on Saturday. Sunday was nice and flat or at least it felt that way at 146. We setup for one mile on the limiters with little props. Running that course is a lot harder than it looks.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:22 PM
Registered

It’s obvious the 42 w/700’s had some sort of problem to only run 69 (i.e. didn't get out of the water, engine problems, layed off due to conditions, etc.), and I think all these guys know the boat is capable of way more. They’re just getting some cheap shots in while they can because it doesn’t happen very often.

Congrats to everyone that ran, sounds like a great weekend
Old 08-27-2007, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow
I know the boat and the driver. I do not know the speed nor the condition of his run. The biggest misconception about the Shootout is that it is a kilo run. IT IS A DRAG RACE!!!! One mile is all you get. Very few large fast boats can get to top speed in a mile. It is possible he hit some rollers and layed off the rest of the run. That 42 is very fast. It was rough on Saturday. Sunday was nice and flat or at least it felt that way at 146. We setup for one mile on the limiters with little props. Running that course is a lot harder than it looks.

Brad it was cool listening to your boat go by on the internet!

Quick Reply: Playcraft pontoon 89mph, 42 Fountain 69mph..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.