Ottawa County Sheriff on the loose >

Ottawa County Sheriff on the loose

Notices

Ottawa County Sheriff on the loose

Old 08-26-2007, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ottawa County Sheriff on the loose

The Ottawa County Sheriff Water Patrol recently received a nice present from a donor, two new decibel exhaust meters.
They cover the Holland to Grand Haven waters of Lake Michigan. Their usually seen patroling the sand bars of Grand Haven a popular spot for us go fast guys to relax, etc.
Here they come with their new meters and asked all the boats to fire up the engines. The Michigan law is 90. Some boats were coming in higher. They got ticket happy. No gentlemenly warning.Ticket happy.So 12 citations were issued.But making you get off the sand bar and crank the engines at an idle to hear and see if you comply with the noise laws?They never did this, ever.
So just have caution when boating or even beaching in these areas when knowing you have some horses to keep quiet..
Old 08-26-2007, 09:37 AM
Registered

Heres where you need a hidden kill switch. "Gee officer I can't seem to fire my engine(s) at the moment" then lift the hatch and fumble around with a few things trying to "fix" the problem until the cops go away and bother the next boater.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:52 AM
Registered

Check out the Grand Haven Tribune August 24th.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:07 AM
Registered

They are such jerks, I have fought them many times and won, they don't know how to do the test, plus this area is full of obstructions where the sound can bounce, the sea wall, the dune, heck even the stupid musical fountian box. There has to be a law against making you start up, they have to catch you running. It is like getting a ticket for no seat belt while parked and eating lunch. I say every one of the 12 fights this and shows them how much they disapprove of this harassment. I have a friend who is a cop and he is the only one I like, they are a bunch of losers who are jealous. I was stopped for tinted windows, by a kid cop who I bet $100 has tinted windows. I asked him why he was not looking for the dudes who pull wheelies at 100mph past our street to the state park and he said nothing....because they can't catch them...but my truck they can catch. I have a new hatred for them, they abuse power and think they own the world. Then they go back, raid the confiscated drug and personal belongings cage. Now you have me going....
Old 08-26-2007, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I had to look it up and read it. You can probably use it to fight the case in court. Ask some others about not getting a ticket the first time. Barron?

If you look at some of the other posts on noise I have posted most of the law and the required criteria for performing the test.

http://www.grandhaventribune.com/pai...1529392136.bsp
Old 08-26-2007, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ratickle
I had to look it up and read it. You can probably use it to fight the case in court. Ask some others about not getting a ticket the first time. Barron?

If you look at some of the other posts on noise I have posted most of the law and the required criteria for performing the test.

http://www.grandhaventribune.com/pai...1529392136.bsp
ratickle
i got a ticket first time out last year. no warning. problem fixed and it's legal now.
todd

Last edited by baronmarine; 08-26-2007 at 08:01 PM.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:55 PM
Registered

Most cops are peasants! No problems yet on the Indiana shores of Lake Michigan. BTW, I would tell the cop to get bent before I would pull off the beach to do a noise check!
Old 08-26-2007, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
Most cops are peasants! No problems yet on the Indiana shores of Lake Michigan. BTW, I would tell the cop to get bent before I would pull off the beach to do a noise check!

You know, I would too! I know they don't need probable cause to do a stop but that is ridiculous. That seriously pisses me off just thinking about it!

I don't know where this sandbar is but what if you were anchored for the night and tipping the bottle? They would probably nail you for a DUI too!
Old 08-27-2007, 12:22 AM
Registered

Thumbs down

Making a powerboat owner get back in his boat to pull off a sand bar and comply with a BS test is absolutely absurd! I can understand if he "pulled" you over while under power or idling, but to make someone (with engines off) drop what they're doing to conduct a test sounds bunk! I wouldn't participate.

Originally Posted by DENNYB
Ticket happy.So 12 citations were issued.But making you get off the sand bar and crank the engines at an idle to hear and see if you comply with the noise laws?They never did this, ever.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:28 AM
Registered

I am a cop and I agree with you guys that I think their actions were BS! It would be paramount to me asking you to fire up your car, then see how fast it goes. Afterwards, issue a speeding ticket.

Quick Reply: Ottawa County Sheriff on the loose

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.