Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   New Project: 26 Corsa (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/167157-new-project-26-corsa.html)

Hang Time 27 09-07-2007 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by rchevelle71 (Post 2260473)
I dont know, 4 years of racing, and not off the boat yet???

its all in the throttle hand.

It's more than the throttle hand. I'm not talking about pulling the throttle when the boat lifts/prop grabs air.

Yea, I had no problems with my 24'er and a bravo either for almost 500 hrs of punishment in the same water I run now-- but the prop grabbing air almost always coincided with the boat and or the bow lifting up, so you had something to time your "throttle hand" to - plus if the prop did ever slip and grab it was against less weight and less horsepower.

With this 27 and large k-planes I find myself able to run level on top of big stuff in the cheasapeake bay, where the speed is high enough, and the boat is long enough, that the hull is spanning wave to wave without lifting - but the "valley" of the waves are so deep that the prop will slip and grab. No way to pull throttle in time. This is what is killing my drive, and I'm afraid the bravo won't be much better.

jdub 09-29-2007 12:18 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Well I'm moving slow but here are some update pics. I got most of the old graphics off and the bilge just about gutted.

Stormrider 09-29-2007 05:59 PM

john, you're a busy guy!
good to see you picking good hulls for your projects. ;)

jdub 09-29-2007 08:29 PM

Whats up Rob... bout time for you to get a project :D That 28 Apache has your name all over it. You know the one...

Donzilla 09-30-2007 07:15 AM

I did a search and can't find the corsa project I did.How is the transom? You will have to go at the floor to do the tank. I will see if I can dig up some pictures this week. Wow I had over 60K in mine But she is still racing as UNDERTOW!

jdub 09-30-2007 08:16 AM

I have to cut the transom to do the Bravo conversion, but it is solid. I really want to replace the tank so the floor is coming up. And a new Pirelli or Lonseal floor will be going down. Donzilla if you get a chance I would like to get some info on trim tab placement. I would love to see some pics of your project. Thanks.

muffman 09-30-2007 08:33 AM

jdub,

I met up with Brian Alfrey recently at the LC poker run who built my hydraulic steering and was telling him that I was wanting to install a stellings box and could he adapt my rams to fit it. He said no problem that he could just custom make some longer rams for the cylinders since they are already mounted on the transom. I can give you his number if you are interested. I have seen tabs mounted both ways on the Corsa some of them are flat and close to the drive and others are towards the outside like you see on a lot of boats. I am going to mount mine towards the outside since my ram mounts would prevent me from placing the tabs flat an towards the middle.

Alex

jdub 09-30-2007 08:45 AM

Thats good to know because I got my steering from Brian also...great product. Did you get the box yet?

muffman 09-30-2007 10:28 PM

No I have been looking for a used stellings box but haven't had any luck yet. If anyone out there has two for sale maybe we could each by one. I suspect there will be some for sale soon being that the season is almost over.

Hang Time 27 09-30-2007 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by jdub (Post 2289786)
I have to cut the transom to do the Bravo conversion, but it is solid. I really want to replace the tank so the floor is coming up. And a new Pirelli or Lonseal floor will be going down. Donzilla if you get a chance I would like to get some info on trim tab placement. I would love to see some pics of your project. Thanks.

I've heard of coating the inside of the tank with ??? in the auto resto world, and that it really works. Anyone hear of that being done in a boats tank?? Might be worth looking into.............if it's not too late...............