Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Offshore Boats Do's And Don't (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/167163-offshore-boats-dos-dont.html)

Magic Medicine 08-26-2007 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by 2112 (Post 2248159)
And they never step on board with sandy feet or shoes! :D:D

Agreed. I go to the beach and hang with other performance boaters, usually more to talk about. On the other hand any powerboater on the water is usually OK with me, I don't associate myself with the tree huggers that own those stupid stick machines (sailboaters).:angry-smiley-055:

fabricator 08-26-2007 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine (Post 2248382)
.....those stupid stick machines (sailboaters).:angry-smiley-055:

Also known as "Rag Baggers" :D

TexomaPowerboater 08-26-2007 09:10 PM

I used to tie up with strangers, but not much anymore. Most people that want to tie up with me just don't have anchors and I'm not a freakin mooring bouy. I like meeting other boaters, but I don't care much for tieing up. I just don't like being jerked around or holding my breath everytime some a hole carries a huge wake. I also just don't care for the stress of it all. How am I supposed to relax when I got to sit there and watch my boat and the ones tied on to me, not to mention all the other a holes that don't know what the hell their doing.

MitchStellin 08-26-2007 09:24 PM

I raft up to everything except a pontoon boat, those are jagged edged can openers.....It does matter the height though, not always a good thing to mismatch in case of waves or if someone goes from boat to boat and the lower one pops up under the higher one. I don't even have fenders, my whole boat is a fender. Everyone with custom paint or are careful with their boat want me between them. The rub rail on mine is 2 soft curls made of rubber, plus the whole rest of it is really a big huge fender with air in it. I love the hard plastic fenders...I call those bumpers....from Wal Mart that are like hanging a piece of wood over the side. I have seen most crack and crush when any preasure is on them. I tend to tie off the stern so I can take Jungle Larry Tours of the rafts, we have the water cannons, balloons, and usually 10 people (it is rated for 11 or 3200klbs, and I have 15 PFDs) and we go out looking for the local talent........

RollWithIt 08-27-2007 12:22 AM

Type of boat doesnt matter. Condition and operator does. I try to avoid the boats that look like they havent been taken care of since being sold. If someone doesnt care for their own boat, they wont care about mine. My friends have boats ranging from 42 foot houseboats to 19 foot open bow runabouts. Its all good.

GLH 08-27-2007 07:01 AM

Anyone who's fun...

Queenie 08-27-2007 08:09 AM

We raft with friends that have CC's and cruisers. As long as they're fun and respectable, they're in.

seafordguy 08-27-2007 08:33 AM

"TOO COOL" - I hate that attitude and so many boaters have it. For the most part I am the only performance boater at our "redneck yacht club" and we tie up with anyone, and everyone is always respectful of each other's stuff. We have everything from John Boats to CC Chris Crafts, to Mid 1970's Grady Whites and Wellcrafts. It is just about being out there with friends. It's the people that make the weekend, not the boat.

kennyo 08-27-2007 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by marylandmark (Post 2248202)
I raft up to anyone in my performance boat which happens to be a CC.. :chimp:

I prefer crusiers or big performance boats- they always have a head I can use!

I tie up to everyone except egg beaters!!!! Just kidding' I'd let you tie up Brother.

Clay Washington 08-27-2007 10:45 AM

When it comes to rafting, I only have two rules...

1) no Aluminum

2) no sausage boats

If I don't want someone rafting next to me, I just say that I am waiting for someone (better looking)! :D