Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   VonBongo Great Job!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/167259-vonbongo-great-job.html)

SinkorSwim 08-27-2007 12:17 PM

VonBongo Great Job!!

Thanks for putting the local spin and boating knowledge into the broadcast....

I hope you don't give it up!!:cool-smiley-011:

sommerfliesby 08-27-2007 12:19 PM

Said it in the other thread, I'll say it again...way to go Mike.

Steve_H 08-27-2007 12:31 PM

Mike always does a fantastic job. hell he is so good he could quit his day job and do it full time.

WARPARTY36 08-27-2007 12:52 PM

I agree, great job Mike:party-smiley-020: But please educate your sidekick.

lakeluvr 08-27-2007 02:03 PM

Yep, great job as always Mike. And maybe the lardazz is getting used to you, it doesn't seem like he tried to trick ya as much this year. He is just a jerk.

Von Bongo 08-27-2007 02:34 PM

Thanks Guys I really enjoy doing it. Brandon only had 48 hours notice he would lead the motley crew.

Leo's a nice guy and has been doing the event since the 1st one. He's learning.

Brent Becker from Powerboat sat in a few hours each day and did a great job makes me look like the amature I am . I think he may also narate the SPEED coverage that they shot.

Each year it gets better. I also thought Rance and Mike did and excellent job down on the docks and got a lot more people on the air then they were able in the past.

Considering it's a mix of radio, TV and volunteers that only work together once a year they do a pretty darn good job.

Dennis Klautzer does an excellent job of producing the event on the fly.

The only down side is there was some interference that was hard to overcome for the camera on the north side.

I hope KRMS gets to continue to cover the even when it moves.

SinkorSwim 08-27-2007 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Von Bongo (Post 2249364)
Thanks Guys I really enjoy doing it. Brandon only had 48 hours notice he would lead the motley crew.

Leo's a nice guy and has been doing the event since the 1st one. He's learning.

Brent Becker from Powerboat sat in a few hours each day and did a great job makes me look like the amature I am . I think he may also narate the SPEED coverage that they shot.

Each year it gets better. I also thought Rance and Mike did and excellent job down on the docks and got a lot more people on the air then they were able in the past.

Considering it's a mix of radio, TV and volunteers that only work together once a year they do a pretty darn good job.

Dennis Klautzer does an excellent job of producing the event on the fly.

The only down side is there was some interference that was hard to overcome for the camera on the north side.

I hope KRMS gets to continue to cover the even when it moves.

Hey Mike,,, can you give us any insight as to the places that are bidding on getting the event next year. I was trying to overhear a conversation that certain folks were having when the mikes were off but couldn't get close enough...:cool-smiley-011:

All I heard was that Toad does not have it in the bag as of yet... :eek:

cuda 08-27-2007 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Steve_H (Post 2249184)
Mike always does a fantastic job. hell he is so good he could quit his day job and do it full time.

I don't think he could take the pay cut.:cool-smiley-011:

Von Bongo 08-27-2007 04:32 PM

Sorry, I never even asked.

If my ticket would have paid off saturday I'd a bought the place and kept it there.