Notices

What would you do??

Old 09-07-2007, 02:01 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NOMOGOFAST
Just got off the phone w/ the trailer co. The owner tells me he finally has my trailer. First of all he hasn't been able to supply me w/ a copy of a his trailer warranty that I have asked for three times. Now, he says my winch stand was bent from abuse by the dealer, the tire wear is normal (all six tires trashed in 6k), the bearing issue is from lack of maintainence, and get this, the brakes are only working on the rear axle, I guess that is abuse too He now says he is getting the axle manufacturer to look at the trailer and decide what he is going to do. I asked, "for what"? I didn't buy it from the axle manufacturer. According to him the trailer measures out perfectly. From what I understand now, the axles are sprung upwards when the boat is off the trailer so when the boat is on it the axles are flat to provide perfect tire contact with the road. Am I close to right? I think the axles are install wrong, and so do the trailer people I have talked to and sent the tire pics.

I feel your pain, that really stinks.

Bottom line is that they build a cheap trailer from what you have said so far and it is NOT built heavy enough to do the job.

I got 40K miles out of the tires on my Myco without a single flat and replaced them only because they were five years old. A customer is now running the old tires on his F-250 work truck. They looked great and there was not any uneven wear.

, the axles are sprung upwards when the boat is off the trailer so when the boat is on it the axles are flat to provide perfect tire contact with the road

That does not sound good to me at all?

Good luck I would be demanding my money back.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Apparently the axles come pre bent and filled with rubber? The tubes are bent upwards so when the boat is loaded the axles are then level, I think that is what I am understanding now. I think my axles are installed upside down or not bent enough? Regardless, my boat is now ready at the factory and my trailer just got looked at today. It's been there for a month now
Old 09-07-2007, 03:20 PM
Registered

Just an update, Installed new Goodyear Marathon radials and towed the boat up north for a total of about 500 miles and the tires look good. The trailer seems to tow better also, Hope they hop on your trailer quick for you. I also have problems with the winch stand but I thought it was from when they lift the boat off and on the trailer down south. CTD
Old 09-07-2007, 04:00 PM
Registered

I'm just waiting for the trailer people to get back to me. Hopefully they will come to there senses ($$$$$$).
Old 09-07-2007, 04:54 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts

Did you call Don? I would think he could help and is this the trailer company that Concept uses all the time? If it is, I would think they could help or give you a loner to get your boat back in the water.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:55 AM
Registered

I left a message Friday for Don to call me. Between the boat manufacturer, Don, Ultimate Trailer and myself, I think we could all give a little and replace the trailer. Mine could be fixed and sold. It might cost 2 or 3 grand to build that trailer, so give me another one and sell my other one which I still have the mso for that I haven't registered after it is fixed. It seems easy but no one thinks this way.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:51 AM
Registered

The best thing you can do is throw those bearing buddies away. The grease you pump in there all time never sees the rear bearing. Most bearing failures with bearing buddies are the rear bearing. Hence the reason your inner bearings are welded to the spindle. Buy yourself about 12 extra seals and pull your hubs every couple months or before you take a long trip and physically look at you bearings, pack them and have good piece of mind. Also dexter makes a complete hub kit with beraings and everything you can mount on you spare tire carrier incase you lose bearings you just bolt the new hub on and get back on the road.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:07 AM
Registered

I sold a trailer with dexters and now have the bearing buddies.
Bearing buddies suck in comparison, imho. With dexters, you can drive 500 miles, hit them with a few pumps of the grease gun and be assured that the inboard bearing just got a dose.

Excuse my ignorance: Is it possible to switch the whole setup on the new (used) trailer to a dexter set up?
Old 09-09-2007, 11:14 AM
Registered

Well you would have to switch the axles themselves over to dexters. Which in my opinion are the best axles on the market right now. Its a real easy swap if you have leaf springs and not tortion axles.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:17 AM
Registered

Yes, I have leaf springs...
Hmm, the whole dang thing, eh? I may do it!
The brake assemblies are a universal type of fit? (UFP disc brakes)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.