Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Hey DJD (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/16733-hey-djd.html)

Biggus 01-26-2002 08:09 AM

Hey DJD

Dave, when you converted your Cig from TRS to SSM3`s did the transom holes have to be filled and recut or just enlarged?
What else is involved in this swap?

Kurt.

2fast4u 01-26-2002 08:26 AM

DJD Sure would like to see you and Marcus land a ride in the new Donzi F2 boat for 2002 I am sure they would do better with someone of your and Marcus talent. F2-15

puder 01-26-2002 11:27 AM

as i recall dave and marcus run an outerlimits. Why woudl they want to step down to a donzi? (no offense to donzi but outerlimits are THE ****!!! when it come to deep vees)

TomFTM 01-26-2002 01:24 PM

Kurt, Dave is currently in Fla playing with his sportfish , I think he'll be back in a few days. I also believe he did fill in the hole and start from scratch. He raised his x-dimension. Tom

Miller 01-26-2002 02:13 PM

I believe that he did fill-in the transom holes and then cut new holes with a higher X-dimension. I think he said his first X was way too conservative and when he re-did it, it was still conservative but less so. Russ Houston helped him do all the work.

DJD 01-26-2002 09:27 PM

Greetings from So. Florida (and the weather is SPECTACULAR!!).
Yes Kirt, I did have to fill (a little) of the transom.
If you look at a cut out for a TRS, I had to fill in the lower section, approx 3 or 4 inches.
Russ also had us fill the existing trs bolt holes with resin coated wood dowles.
Once all was cured, we sanded it all flush, gel coated the bare surfaces and drilled the new bolt holes.
Hope this helps ya. If you have any questions, feel free to call me. 203 962-5494
I'll be back Monday :(

DJD 01-26-2002 09:35 PM

Kirt, I almost forgot.
We lifted the engines around 4" to get the desired X dimention and also moved them back almost 3" to make up for the difference in the trs and speedy 3 tail stocks.
This is only changing around some aluminum "L" brackets and drilling new holes in the stringers.
Other things to contend with: Different mounting brackets for the SSM3 & new exhaust holes after raising the engines.
Everything else is a cake walk.

Biggus 01-27-2002 08:29 AM

Thanks for the info Dave, Kurt. :)

Audiofn 01-27-2002 08:33 AM

Hey Kurt give me a call again!! I called you back after I hung up the phone. I got pulled over on Mass Pike doing 80 in town last night :eek: :eek: Guy was awsome though. He kept me there for a while and let me go with a failure to use my turn signal :) :) I do not know if that shows up on my insurance or not but I will find out. Hope not. I was trying to fallow some people to a resturaunt and the bastard took off on me after the tolls!!!! Had to play catch up and got screwed.