Notices

Sunk 42' Fountain at LOTO

Old 08-30-2007, 06:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brandon
My thoughts exactly. If someone ran it up on the beach that hard and far, not only would it have to be towed back off, but wouldn't the front half of the keel be completely demolished?
You can hit a beach pretty hard without doing any damage.

When I was a kid I used to jump a small island with a 10' RIB w/ a 9.9 merc on the back. As long as the boat skips across the sand, you're good... if you hit a mound of sand wrong and the boat stops, then there might be issues.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sleeper_dave
You can hit a beach pretty hard without doing any damage.

When I was a kid I used to jump a small island with a 10' RIB w/ a 9.9 merc on the back. As long as the boat skips across the sand, you're good... if you hit a mound of sand wrong and the boat stops, then there might be issues.
I understand that, its just the fack that if the stern hit hard enough to do damage, this means the front of the boat went up the same spot on land and hit it harder. But yes, I know you can beach your boat without damage. I think I read of you and the little boat jumping the island before. Got any video of that? Sounds pretty cool, something I would have done when I was a kid!
Old 08-30-2007, 06:53 PM
Registered

Depends.........if its rocks sticking up out where you are beaching at then you are asking for it, seen it a few times.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:07 PM
Registered

I just want to apologize to oso, because I didn't want this to become a pissing contest. I usually speak for tmp and have been asked to before. I didn't realize that I said anything bad about them in this thread for me to be treated like I did. The owner and I are looking for answers. I will still keep you updated. Sorry again and thanks for all your help so far. Hopefully bill and hyperbaja will look into this and read some of this and find the problem. I will say that I am no longer affiliated with them and have been doing all I can to try to help all i can on my own. In the past week, I have called monstaaa and mr. horsepower and spoke to others to trying to get some questions answered and to help the owner get his boat back to where it needs to be. Like I said, I was not lying or fabricating nothing. Let Bill answer any questions from here on out. I will stay out of it. Hopefully they will show us pictures of the delaminated bottom, and where the water was coming in. Im off like a prom dress.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:21 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

OMFG, the initials TMP AND the guy thats sold Jordy a Rolmex...this is too friggin good to make up

I'm glad I stayed out of this too.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
OMFG, the initials TMP AND the guy thats sold Jordy a Rolmex...this is too friggin good to make up

I'm glad I stayed out of this too.

And it ain't even winter yet...
All kidding aside- - I hope the owner of the 42 gets the boat back to where she was and finds the leak
Old 08-30-2007, 08:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

D*mn, I have to put away my old TMP t-shirts again!
Old 08-30-2007, 09:49 PM
Registered

My boat also leaks at the rub rail. I never leave it in the water
but each time I launch off trailer I get a lot of water.

I had put sealant ( 5200 ) when I changed the rub rail , but
later found that when the screws were driven in I didn't
predrill and the screws seperated the joint.

It wasn't noticable as the rub rail covers the joint but
I also noticed an annoying vibration while ideling.

Don't know what happened to this boat but I was docked
last week in rough water for about 1 1/2 hours and
even with the bilge pump on I had about 7-8 inches of
water in the bilge.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:27 PM
Registered

Is this boat named yet? How about "Leaky Beaky"?

J/K! (insert dancing banana here)

Hopefully everything get's ironed out, and I'd like to know the results. I like to hear about the causes of any accident I hear about, so I can avoid the same problems myself.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It may be just the nature of the beast , I have a 42 with trips and It sits low in the stern it simply doesn't take much to start taking on water , wave action , rain , or once we just had too many people hanging out on the sun pad and swim platform and water can run in the vents can happen in an instant. I have read this post and noticed that there was a downpour and someone sad there could be wakes in that area it really doesn't take much to get one under
larry

Quick Reply: Sunk 42' Fountain at LOTO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.