Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   "Floating" boat lifts ? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/167453-floating-boat-lifts.html)

Audiofn 08-29-2007 11:10 AM

Jet Dock is great but it is HUGE money

BZ 08-29-2007 12:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
love my Hydro......BZ

t500hps 08-29-2007 12:10 PM

How do any of these standup installed on the side of a pier that is turned broadside to a 5-6 kt running tide and has 30-40 ft cruisers wakes from running by on plane. Our dock is on the main river channel and it seems a piling/cable lift is the only thing that is suited for the conditions we face. Hopefully some of you have personnal experience with these conditions.

Stormrider 08-29-2007 12:38 PM

t500hps, i think you're right. Get it out of the water.
Though i've heard jet dock can handle it, i think you are still "on" the water.

mr_velocity 08-29-2007 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by t500hps (Post 2252579)
How do any of these standup installed on the side of a pier that is turned broadside to a 5-6 kt running tide and has 30-40 ft cruisers wakes from running by on plane. Our dock is on the main river channel and it seems a piling/cable lift is the only thing that is suited for the conditions we face. Hopefully some of you have personnal experience with these conditions.

I've done a lot of 4 post lifts in your water conditions, its the only way to go. They also make loops that go around the pile to help hold the cradle in place when the currents are strong.

just do it right. I did my 16 years ago, went with 14" x 80' Greenharts for piles, I'm in 8' of water. I don't even have to run a bubbler system, they were dropping a 8 ton hammer on these for a week to get them down.

Audiofn 08-29-2007 01:38 PM

Mr. Velocity there are 4 China man with a pole up their butts!!! Are you serious you have them 72 feet into the ground!!!!

fountain4play 08-29-2007 02:42 PM

Poly Lift is a good one and they can make one for just about any application. Front loading or back-in, they can also provide a nice platform at the rear for servicing drives and props...

http://www.polylift.com/

DTFaber 08-29-2007 02:57 PM

JET DOCK ALL THE WAY!!! www.jetdock.com

The JET DOCK is undeniably the best lift available in the World today! The lifts are infinitely modular, changeable, expandable, adaptable, and reconfigurable. They come with a Limited Lifetime Warranty and provide unparalleled access to one's watercraft. The JET DOCK is the equivalent to having a full-time fork-lift operator standing-by your wet-slip to put your boat on a work-dolly when not being used. You've got complete access to safely walk-around the boat and perform general washing, waxing, maintenance, and simple tasks like covering and loading & unloading of provisions. YES, the JET DOCK is expensive; however, it proves itself to be the long-term least cost alternative. YES, the JET DOCK is expensive; however, then again, the highest quality and finest products in the World tend to be (e.g., Ferrari, Bentley, OuterLimits, Cigarette, NorTech, etc.).

One of JET DOCK's trademark slogans is: "FOR THE PRIVILEGED FEW . . ."; for good reason!!!

Attachment 295809

Feel free to contact KENNEDY at Jet Dock Systems, Inc.'s World Headquarters for personal, educated advice pursuant to which lift is most ideal for your situation. If JET DOCK isn't the best alternative for you, the company's integrity is unmatched and they'll advise you what is the best solution for your application.

Kennedy
[email protected]
800.JET.DOCK
800.538.3625 x2208

damdonzi 08-29-2007 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by DTFaber (Post 2252825)
The JET DOCK is undeniably the best lift available in the World today! The lifts are infinitely modular, changeable, expandable, adaptable, and reconfigurable. They come with a Limited Lifetime Warranty and provide unparalleled access to one's watercraft. The JET DOCK is the equivalent to having a full-time fork-lift operator standing-by your wet-slip to put your boat on a work-dolly when not being used. You've got complete access to safely walk-around the boat and perform general washing, waxing, maintenance, and simple tasks like covering and loading & unloading of provisions. YES, the JET DOCK is expensive; however, it proves itself to be the long-term least cost alternative. YES, the JET DOCK is expensive; however, then again, the highest quality and finest products in the World tend to be (e.g., Ferrari, Bentley, OuterLimits, Cigarette, NorTech, etc.).

One of JET DOCK's trademark slogans is: "FOR THE PRIVILEGED FEW . . ."; for good reason!!!

Attachment 295809

Feel free to contact KENNEDY at Jet Dock Systems, Inc.'s World Headquarters for personal, educated advice pursuant to which lift is most ideal for your situation. If JET DOCK isn't the best alternative for you, the company's integrity is unmatched and they'll advise you what is the best solution for your application.

Kennedy
[email protected]
800.JET.DOCK
800.538.3625 x2208

Wow. You should think about becoming an ADVERTISER here.:eureka:

damdonzi 08-29-2007 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by fountain4play (Post 2252801)
Poly Lift is a good one and they can make one for just about any application. Front loading or back-in, they can also provide a nice platform at the rear for servicing drives and props...

http://www.polylift.com/

Looks like a very nice set-up. How long have you had yours and how is it holding up? Are these fairly low maintenance, or do you need to tune them up each season?