Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What boat can i fit in my 25' garage? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/167676-what-boat-can-i-fit-my-25-garage.html)

onesickpantera 09-07-2007 08:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by agchoset (Post 2256106)
Looks like my only options are going to be a 20' Outlaw, a 16-18' Donzi Classic, a Scarab Sprint (thoughts?), the Cig 20 is out of my price range from what I can tell. Any others in that category?

Thanks for the input!!

This should be in your category! :D

19' long, 7' beam, 24* deadrise and built like a brick chithouse. Plus they accelerate hard and have a 65+ mph top-end. Absolute riot to drive!

BOBCATMATHEWS 09-07-2007 09:27 PM

if you buy that boat, i would go with a proper bimini instead of the "parasol" in the back.

jeff32 09-09-2007 10:06 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I had the same problem before buying this boat. But I made myself a trailer (not painted up to now but this is my next step)

garage is 30 x 40. boat is a 35-7 model + swim platform = 37'7'' + tongue lenght. I had to figure the thickness of the wall to end up like this today... actually just like I measured everything... tight, but it works! So measure the inside of your garage exactly, the find a boat 6 inches shorter than your garage, that'll leave you a 6 inches tongue...:hitfan:

jeff32 09-09-2007 10:10 PM

2 Attachment(s)
if you look closely, I have 3/4 inche in front of tongue so just enough to move just a little bit forward so the drives are not touching the wall...

Tom A. 09-10-2007 06:34 AM

If you don't need a cabin and just want a day boat, the 18 Donzi Classic would be the way to go. I had a 22 and it was an awesome boat. The 20 Cigarette would also be on my short list. These will give you the best performance (under 20') while most others in this category share their designs with other models in their lineups (ie family bowriders).
Just my .02

CROWN MAN 09-10-2007 08:34 AM

2 Attachment(s)
This would be a perfect fit

Amtronic 09-10-2007 09:05 AM

If you don't need walk-around clearance, you should be able to get 27' overall in there if you go diagonal. There are a lot of factors - what is the beam, is your garage door hung with inside tracks, etc.

DrFeelgood 09-10-2007 10:21 AM

22' Scarab?

Can you measure the overall length on trailer for me?

Originally Posted by CROWN MAN (Post 2265077)
This would be a perfect fit

DrFeelgood 09-10-2007 10:28 AM

My concerns with the Donzi classics is the ingress/egress to/from the water -- no easy way to get on board, especially when some booze is involved, for the passengers.

As for the cig, the ones i've seen are priced about twice what my budget is, at least... I'm trying to stay at 14-16K, but will do 20k for something really nice.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by Tom A. (Post 2264966)
If you don't need a cabin and just want a day boat, the 18 Donzi Classic would be the way to go. I had a 22 and it was an awesome boat. The 20 Cigarette would also be on my short list. These will give you the best performance (under 20') while most others in this category share their designs with other models in their lineups (ie family bowriders).
Just my .02

socalstone 09-10-2007 10:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
We built a little half-height shed extension on the rear of my neighbor's. It gave him 4' in the rear. Planted some evergreens around it and you'd never notice.

-Chris Sunkin nailed it.

Get the boat you want. Garages are often easy to modify (if they're not situated on the front of your house)
My old garage in Maryland was 22 deep so the total length of my jetboat didn't work unless I put it in diagonal. I cutout the back wall of the garage and did a 4' bumpout to accomodate the jetpump. Worked like a charm and made a great place for shelving etc.