Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OT (kind of) Cancun, Mexico help... >

OT (kind of) Cancun, Mexico help...

Notices

OT (kind of) Cancun, Mexico help...

Old 01-25-2002, 09:48 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up OT (kind of) Cancun, Mexico help...

Going to honeymoon in Akumal (45 min S. of Cancun) in a private villa the week of March 10th. Does anyone know a place that might rent a boat for a day on the water/ I hate to be near the ocean and not cut up some waves! I'm sure no one will rent me their 46 skater (haha) but most anything would be fun!
Advice on other out of the way places to eat or see in the area would also be great!
Thanks in advance.
Old 01-25-2002, 09:56 AM
jokerswild

I was there a handful of years ago, but there was one thing I remember doing sober was checking out the chit...(sp)ruins. A MUST! Have fun.

Old 01-25-2002, 10:26 AM
Charter Member#1545
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know about boat rentals, but we were there last year and did a private charter. It was awesome and I would highly recommend it. The 54' Bertram was ideal for the day. They took us places that we would not have known about. I can not remember the companies name, something like Capt. Charlies or the likes, escapes me now though. They catered our every need. They provided a great day and even though the crew was at your beckon whim, they afforded as much privacy as we wanted.
Old 01-25-2002, 10:45 AM

Take a about a 100 $1 bills for tipping all the locals. Every body wants a tip.
Old 01-25-2002, 11:00 AM
Registered

Never: I thought about doing that as well. Sounds great! Thanks for the tip.
Joker: that's the problem with Mexico, too much tequila and you don't remember sh*t!
Old 01-25-2002, 11:14 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
XCARET is a must see place.Great place to spend a day in the water.Cave snorkelling in 80 degree fresh water rivers full o fish was way cool.Good bars too.
Old 01-25-2002, 01:15 PM
Registered

Thanks for the replies. Any more thoughts?
Old 01-25-2002, 01:21 PM
Registered

Talking

Yes. The street food there is the best. Try to find the skankiest looking taco vender in the town of Cancun. Get a couple of their 'beef' tacos and a glass of warm fresh water then hang on tight!!!! WOW!!! What a rush....

Obviously, kidding. Airpacker is right. The Xcaret tour was one of the highlights of our trip. Check it out -- if you ever leave your room. Happy Honeymoon!!!!

Sean
Old 01-25-2002, 02:01 PM
Charter Member#1545
Charter Member

One more thing about the charter. There are many beaches that are not accessible by land(unless you walk miles). The charter takes you to some beaches that are unreal and secluded. What's nice, you don't have to worry about the boat, just get off and presto, your own little paradise.
Old 01-25-2002, 02:53 PM
Registered

Hey, we just got back from Akumal a week ago. My wife & I love that quaint little town. We've been going there for years. I didn't know anybody knew about it, ha! We stayed at Las Casitas in Akumal Bay just south of Half Moon Bay. I'm not sure you're a diver but the diving experience was phenomenal. We did a night dive which is a must and a cenote dive. The cenote (freshwater sinkhole) dive was the highlight of our trip. It's an underwater cave system that's incredible to see.

We also did some deep sea fishing. You can't rent an entire boat for the day for $100.00. It costs us $25.00/person to catch grouper, snapper, etc. The snorkeling isnt' too bad either at Akumal. We saw tarpin, stingray's, a sea turtle and a moray eel. Don't forget to eat at the local seafood restaurant. Ask for the whole fish which is usually the hogfish. Man, it looks like chit but it was AWESOME! Have fun!

Quick Reply: OT (kind of) Cancun, Mexico help...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.