Notices

Deep Impact 36 Quad 300

Old 09-14-2007, 05:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by underpressure
We are ready to head out to Sanibel tomorrow morning, Thursday for a customers seatrial. Wanted to make sure it stayed clean

Carl
How did the Seatrial go? What kind of speeds did you get out of her? Boat looks great. Mike
Old 09-15-2007, 11:09 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sea trial went great even though we have not had time to dial it in. We are putting shorter outside motors and now will begin the turn in, turn out, more cup, less cup, 3 or 4 and so on.

The boat loves the weight in the back and the extra laminations really let it ride heavy and quiet. The few big cruiser wakes (it was calm) were just a bump at speed and you could feel the hull push through them going slow. The 4 Verados are very, very quiet at speed. I was able to have normal conversation at 65 plus with the people in the back seat without yelling. (and no oil).

We cannot trim the boat much at all with the motors skegs so deep on the outside but we did hit 73-74 MPH on the GPS with 6 people and about 300 gallons fuel. With four people and over 200 gallons we hit 76.3 MPH. The big number was 65 MPH, 5200 RPM, 60GPH with four people and more than 150 gallons fuel and 50 gallons water.

That is almost 1.1 mpg and the boat weighs more that 14,000 lbs. We are going to larger props so that number will get better.

I think that 80 mph with fuel and two or three people is very achievable and that was the goal. We only have about 10 hours on it now.

He did buy the boat too. We will be using it for the magazines and photoshoots till he is back.

Here is some photos

Carl
Attached Thumbnails Deep Impact 36 Quad 300-deep-impact-quad-017.jpg   Deep Impact 36 Quad 300-deep-impact-quad-024.jpg   Deep Impact 36 Quad 300-deep-impact-quad-016.jpg  

Old 09-15-2007, 11:13 AM
Registered

Not a good idea to forget the coast guard kit on a low profile boat!!
Attached Thumbnails Deep Impact 36 Quad 300-newpics-014.jpg   Deep Impact 36 Quad 300-cimg0809.jpg   Deep Impact 36 Quad 300-cimg0826.jpg  

Old 09-15-2007, 11:19 AM
Registered

some more, sorry for the quality. It has a nice rooster and I think that will grow with trim and the right set-up
Attached Thumbnails Deep Impact 36 Quad 300-cimg0815.jpg   Deep Impact 36 Quad 300-newpics-020.jpg   Deep Impact 36 Quad 300-cimg0840.jpg  

Old 09-15-2007, 02:20 PM
BRD
Registered

Hey Carl ... why no trim tabs ? or am I missing them on there ?
Old 09-15-2007, 04:01 PM
Registered

Hi Jerry,

On a four engine boat the tabs would deflect the water to the props especially in turns. Verado engines are water pressure sensitive too.

On a straight v-bottom that may be an issue, but the way these run we never use tabs even on the triple boats. I didn't believe it until I ran them myself. We do have them on the triples and twins but to level the boat you just touch one of the outside engine trims so I still haven't figured out why we put them on.

In rough seas you trim the engines in. In two to three foot or less you trim them out and out more. The boat planes almost instantly without the tabs anyway. I only leave them on because it would be a huge job to convince the buyer they are not needed.

Carl
Old 09-15-2007, 07:14 PM
BRD
Registered

Cool ! Really like the red one ! how much speed does the cabin model scrub off ? I 'll look you up to check one out when I'm down 1st of November .
Old 09-16-2007, 08:10 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by underpressure
Sea trial went great even though we have not had time to dial it in. We are putting shorter outside motors and now will begin the turn in, turn out, more cup, less cup, 3 or 4 and so on.

The boat loves the weight in the back and the extra laminations really let it ride heavy and quiet. The few big cruiser wakes (it was calm) were just a bump at speed and you could feel the hull push through them going slow. The 4 Verados are very, very quiet at speed. I was able to have normal conversation at 65 plus with the people in the back seat without yelling. (and no oil).

We cannot trim the boat much at all with the motors skegs so deep on the outside but we did hit 73-74 MPH on the GPS with 6 people and about 300 gallons fuel. With four people and over 200 gallons we hit 76.3 MPH. The big number was 65 MPH, 5200 RPM, 60GPH with four people and more than 150 gallons fuel and 50 gallons water.

That is almost 1.1 mpg and the boat weighs more that 14,000 lbs. We are going to larger props so that number will get better.

I think that 80 mph with fuel and two or three people is very achievable and that was the goal. We only have about 10 hours on it now.

He did buy the boat too. We will be using it for the magazines and photoshoots till he is back.

Here is some photos

Carl
Carl,
What boats are you bringing to Lauderdale next month? Can you put 5 bolsters accross the rear and close off the openings? How comfortable is the 3 person bolster at the helm for big buys? Mike
Old 09-16-2007, 08:50 AM
Registered

Mike,

The plan right now is to bring a Midnight Blue quad 300 36, no top with the same bolster seating, a triple 300 Black L-shape front and rear seat 36, A 36 Cuddy triple 300, and either a 33 cuddy or open. They will all be in the water at Bahia Mar on the south side.

We are trying to get space on land at the convention center but it is like pulling teeth.

We could get 5 easy closing off the openings, maybe five with one opening left.

I tested the comfort of all the positions, rear seat, front of console, and helm. I am extremely happy with the fit, feel and comfort and I am 6'6" about 270. That is one of the design parameters when we layed them out.

Carl
Old 09-16-2007, 11:36 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Carl, super awesome looking boat...love the car too!

Quick Reply: Deep Impact 36 Quad 300

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.