Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Headed to Mystic powerboats today.... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/168043-headed-mystic-powerboats-today.html)

Strip Poker 388 09-19-2007 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry (Post 2277095)
Still no guesses on the prop size huh?

Well, the SL700 went on her maiden sea trial yesterday, and she hit 76.3 MPH with 1000 gallons of diesel on board and the props were all over the rev. limiters!:D She is going to need bigger props than the 34.5" x 61" PROPS she has now!!!:ernaehrung004:
The owner is thrilled and so is John Cosker and co.! I'm headed to the marina now, hopefully post some pics later today.
Dean

BTW, she weighed in @ 52,000 lbs!

impressive speed!!!!:D

the bear 09-19-2007 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Maximus (Post 2270281)
Say hello to our new baby while your there.

marc

Why the change from MTI? First Bud Select now You all, is the Mystic that better of a race hull? Seriously, just wondering why the leaders in the sport are changing hull.

Dean Ferry 09-19-2007 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by the bear (Post 2277272)
Why the change from MTI? First Bud Select now You all, is the Mystic that better of a race hull? Seriously, just wondering why the leaders in the sport are changing hull.

Cuz, they want to win, period:D You would be surprised by the other OSS/SBI teams, or some of the biggest poker runners in the country that are building M5000's, but I'm not @ liberty to say, sorry.
Dean

LostinBoston 09-19-2007 11:28 AM

In short, yes, it is that much better. Look at how the mystic with piston power was leading the field at sarasota and orange beach (ahead of the smaller, more powerfull MTI) until it has electonic issues. Also look at the speeds at the shootout. Bud Select MTI ran how fast. How much faster did the bigger Mysitc with the same power run? Also how much smoother was the run? You can push the Mystic faster because it is a more stable platform, not only becasue of the size, but also the design. It is engineered to run extreme speeds. Also look at the construction. I do not know exactly how the MTI's are built, but the Mystic is extremely high end with materials and construction process for a very similar price. So in conclusion it is a better design and a better built boat then anything out there for a similar price. That is why everyone is switching over. Bud, cintron, geico and probably the class one guys soon. There is even a rumor of a certain other new 50' cat that is being traded in on one as a poker runner.

Pete B 09-19-2007 11:43 AM

Because they can afford too!!:cool-smiley-011:

LostinBoston 09-19-2007 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Pete B (Post 2277322)
Because they can afford too!!:cool-smiley-011:

Youd be surprised at how close they are in price.

Pete B 09-19-2007 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by LostinBoston (Post 2277382)
Youd be surprised at how close they are in price.

Im sure they are close in price, I just know I could not afford one! let alone one of each. They are beautiful, Just would love to see they race one another IE ( more than one boat a class)!

BradH 09-19-2007 03:58 PM

Out of curiosity, who all does the design and engineering work? JC and???

ScottB 09-19-2007 05:51 PM

First of all, we are extremely happy with the awesome boat Randy built us at MTI and we will continue to race it.

We are looking to go bigger 50' with a dual purpose boat we can use for endurance runs as well.

the bear 09-20-2007 07:44 AM

Thanks for the responses, I know the Mystic is awsome to look at, very sleek looking. I have also always been a fan of the MTI, but I am sure I will always be a dreamer, thats a league I can only wish to be in for now.