Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Airdock...info or opinions... >

Airdock...info or opinions...

Notices

Airdock...info or opinions...

Old 09-30-2010, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i Bought one right after i posted this and installed it in my yard and used it for two seasons without a single issue.....as a matter of fact when i sold my boat the guy that bought the boat ordered one and loves it.....

i would buy one again in a heartbeat.....

all i can say to the guy that has 3 posts all negative about airdock GO AWAY.....just because you are not capable of replacing a simple PVC cap and your local dealer is a jackass doesnt mean the product is bad....i have dealt with the folks at airdock on sevral occasions prior to and during the purchase of my dockas well as the guy that bought my boats dock and they were always helpful.....i also got parts from them after the fact as well to change the configuration of my airdock when i sold it....
Old 09-30-2010, 07:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 68 Likes on 32 Posts

there are several in our local marina (the only lift the marina would approve).....they have their quirks but a great alternative to leaving the boat in the water....if they are installed exactly as the manufacturer reccommends you will get pretty good service from it
Old 09-30-2010, 08:16 PM
Registered

great lifts have my 38 cigarette on for 3 years .
Old 09-30-2010, 08:30 PM
Registered

How are these at keeping the boat clean? Work just as well as a hydrohoist? I have only seen a few from a distance and have no experience with them.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cousineau181
How are these at keeping the boat clean? Work just as well as a hydrohoist? I have only seen a few from a distance and have no experience with them.
I had one for 3 years, then sold it when i moved to Fl.

Kept the boat clean, only issue I had was too many cocktails and left a valve open, so boat tilted over, but no biggie, just re-inflated that side.

Bought for 2500 sold it for 1500 3 years later.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:11 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Have had one under my 32' for a couple seasons now. End up chasing a hole or two every year (friggin zebra mussles) but it beats bottom painting. Keeps the boat very clean. We've had a small leak all season and could not be bothered to haul it out to fix. Found just the right spot that the hull hugs the Airdock enough to seal the leak while still keeping the whole bottom outta the water.....drives need a serious de-funking though. Normally it keeps hull and drives perfectly dry. Even the leaks are easy to fix. Order a patch kit from the company and it repairs just like an inflatable raft. Like someone earlier said...they have their quirks but overall it works well.