Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   The Fuel Preperator-How good is it? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/168256-fuel-preperator-how-good.html)

Buddy OO 09-09-2007 09:22 AM

The Fuel Preperator-How good is it?

Have noticed alot of talk about this product for enhancing deisel motor performance. Spoke with a Marine Max salesman and said alot of his customers with deisel Searays have installed them and love them, Increases torque, and HP, increased speeds by 15%, reduced smoking, much better fuel economy, Does anyone have experience with this device. sound too good to be true, Thought about trying one on my powerstroke if they are that good. thanks

f311fr1 09-09-2007 09:47 AM

Edge Attitude with Juce. Search Edge products.

PJDiesel 09-09-2007 09:50 AM

Ditto for Edge products.

If you had a Cummins I would have some REAL good ideas.......:cool:

jafo 09-09-2007 09:59 AM

If it's a Powerstroke, you need to visit TheDieselStop.com
There's about 80,000 members there, and the majority all swear by DP-Tuner. Seems like all of them have tried one or another including Edge (DP retunes Edge products) and they don't seem to recommend anything else for a Ford diesel. Call DP, let them know your requirements (towing, economy, race, etc) and they customize exactly what you need. Tuneable on the fly with up to 16 programs.
Jim

fazznick 09-09-2007 01:40 PM

The man who invented it keeps his boat 2 slips from me at port arrowhead. He is a really nice guy and knows everything about diesels. The product does what it says. Some of the stuff he tells me goes a little over my head but I have never have heard anything but praise for the product. I don't have diesels so I don't have first hand knowledge but I would still recomend it based on what others have told me.

waterboy222 09-09-2007 02:42 PM

i swear by my SCT livewire.. 70k in one year all modded, ZERO issues, ZERO trips to the dealer and faster than most vehicles on the street, short of corvettes and up

kennyo 09-12-2007 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by jafo (Post 2264265)
If it's a Powerstroke, you need to visit TheDieselStop.com
There's about 80,000 members there, and the majority all swear by DP-Tuner. Seems like all of them have tried one or another including Edge (DP retunes Edge products) and they don't seem to recommend anything else for a Ford diesel. Call DP, let them know your requirements (towing, economy, race, etc) and they customize exactly what you need. Tuneable on the fly with up to 16 programs.
Jim

Ditto. We put one on my wifes '99 f-350 and she sold her vette!

Sean H 09-12-2007 09:13 AM

isn't the preperator just a filter system like FASS that takes the air out of the fuel?

Bobthebuilder 09-12-2007 09:36 AM

Anyone know if it works on Yanmar 480's marine engines?
If so, will it void the warrantee ?

Bob