Notices

A*&hole IRS!

Old 01-29-2002, 06:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Advantage Rob, I got audity in 1996 because of a boat I sold in 1994 from filing in 1993 for the second home deduction just as you did including it in with the home. I explained the situation, and had all the records, and there was no problem. Case closed not other problems.

Boathead, I do not think there will be an issue. Sounds like you have your ducks in a row and can justify the boat as your second home well beyond a reasonable doubt The most important thing is having a solid story. We had pictures of the boat that showed the microwave, fridge, porta-potti and v-berth to go along with the other documentation.

Keep us posted on what happens. This has huge ramifications if they start changing the rules.

Troutly, excellent post, I was ready to put the same stuff up (IRS requirements for the second home deduction)

Life is good If the IRS stays outta your %@#*
Old 01-29-2002, 11:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hehe I hear that, This fiberglass condo is cold in the winter. Especially without motors or snow. And the worse part is Im considering buying an a/c unit. And I still have serious engine bills. Gotta Love Power Boats.