If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A*&hole IRS!

My Boats:
    You can't boat on an ICE FLOW
    Minneapolis, Minnesota

Advantage Rob, I got audity in 1996 because of a boat I sold in 1994 from filing in 1993 for the second home deduction just as you did including it in with the home. I explained the situation, and had all the records, and there was no problem. Case closed not other problems.

Boathead, I do not think there will be an issue. Sounds like you have your ducks in a row and can justify the boat as your second home well beyond a reasonable doubt The most important thing is having a solid story. We had pictures of the boat that showed the microwave, fridge, porta-potti and v-berth to go along with the other documentation.

Keep us posted on what happens. This has huge ramifications if they start changing the rules.

Troutly, excellent post, I was ready to put the same stuff up (IRS requirements for the second home deduction)

Life is good If the IRS stays outta your %@#*

My Boats:
    1988 Cruisers 2800 Rogue

hehe I hear that, This fiberglass condo is cold in the winter. Especially without motors or snow. And the worse part is Im considering buying an a/c unit. And I still have serious engine bills. Gotta Love Power Boats.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123