Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What a weekend.....thank you ! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/168359-what-weekend-thank-you.html)

Top Banana 09-10-2007 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Racegirl3 (Post 2265685)
Charlie ..... it was such an honor to meet you. Thank you so much for taking the time to talk with me. :bunny:

Racegirl, you and Lucidee are the Legends of OSO...nice of both of you to stop by.

Expensive Date 09-10-2007 05:24 PM

Was a dive/rescue boat for that race it was great meeting some of you and seeing the Apache and Bounty Hunter run. I went past you in the Apache after dropping of the rescue divers at the coast guard station.The Apache is a beautiful boat on the water.Thank you all for coming

McGary911 09-10-2007 05:40 PM

I grew up in Pt Beach. The Benihana is probably what got me hooked on go fast boats. Wish I had been up for the race this week. It's the first I've missed in a long time. Looks like the beach was stuck in a time warp this past weekend. That's a good thing.....

Lucididee 09-10-2007 06:56 PM

I'm speechless...................

Great seeing you again, and the company you keep is pretty cool!

Thank you for my Bithday gift! It's the perfect gift!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRUCE SEROFF 09-10-2007 07:26 PM

Thankyou to all you offshore legends. You are the reason we are doin it today. In the early 80s, we wished we could do that.

Here we are 25 years later. Oh well, it took a while, but we got there.

thank you....thank you.... thank you

Ron P 09-10-2007 07:57 PM

Charlie, it was great spending more time with you, I just wish I could have gotten a photo of you and Bobby in Ben's old race boat.

However, I did watch your fingers playing with the tabs and drives while Rob was trying to get that old war horse to run again. It didn't seem happy until we were over 80mph and the engine started getting near 4500k, then she started to sing.

Top Banana 09-11-2007 08:39 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Just a final thought on this and it's time to move on.

As we went out through the cut with those beautiful engines roaring behind us, I thought of all my old friends who went out that same cut and are no longer with us.

Great competitors like....Betty Cook, Joel Halpern, Howard Quam, Joey Ippolito, Keith Hazell, Smitty, Tom Gentry, Bob Nordskog, and many more that I can't remember now.

I was surprised to find out, that many at this year's race, did not know that in the 70's we had so many spectators, over 400,000 and over 6,000 spectator vessels, that the only day we were allowed to run by the Coast Guard was on a Wednesday. It was the only non weekend race on the circuit.

Great memories, thanks again.

ScottB 09-11-2007 11:51 AM

It was great to see all of you guys. I was sitting at the Warfside w/ Bobby Saccenti before the race and he looked at me and motioned with his right arm(throttle arm) that it was starting to itch and smiled

VinMan 09-11-2007 01:44 PM

Couldnt agree more Bernie!
It was definately an honor to ride in the pace boat with Rocky. Seemed like he sure enjoyed himself.
Big thanks to Tweet and Marcella for the use of their boat, and thier hospitality onboard. What great people. As always it was an incredible ride. :drink:

Originally Posted by berns29scarab (Post 2265433)
i had my first ride on an 88 41' Apache with a pair of 588 cubic inch Pay Musi motors and #3's...approx 700-750 a side 82mph with 5 people on board and 3/4 plus of fuel...awesome ride. has a 2-3 ft ground swell with a light 1-2 ft chop on top and at 50 mph my soda can never budged...NOW I KNOW WHAT ALL THE HYPE IS ABOUT !! AWEOME MACHINE...was cool hanging with Rocki Aoki all day...we were the other pace boat and Rocki joined us onboard THE AFTON EXPRESS for the festivities

Bob Saccenti 09-11-2007 06:24 PM

Great Weekend

It was great to be back at Point Pleasant to see old friends and racing buddies that I haven’t seen for awhile. It brought back many fond memories racing offshore in front of Jenkinson’s Pavilion. Over the weekend I had the opportunity to meet and talk to some of the race teams. Just by talking to them, I noticed how very dedicated they are to offshore racing, keep up the fantastic job you all are doing.
All the equipment I saw was first class and the crews where very professional. I believe that the OPA Racing Organization is going to be around for a long time. This sport has come along way from the when I started racing in the early seventies and the reality is, the wheel is still spinning.

I would like to give special thanks to John Haggin, Scott B, Ron P, Charlie McCarty and AMF for making it all happen. The hospitality was first class..
Thank You All
Bobby Saccenti