Where were you on 9/11?

Old 09-12-2007, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I was in San Diego taking a EMT class. I passed
Old 09-12-2007, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was at work (aerospace machine shop), listening on the radio.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:25 PM
Registered

should have been working on john st, near the towers but had to go to court to fight a loud exhaust ticket I got on my boat from the town.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:57 PM
Registered

I had just gotten to work and was walking around cutting all of the tv's on. Cut the second one on and stood there for about 2 hours in disbelief, then went into panic mode because I realized my sister could possibly be there(Columbia Univ.).
She finaly was able to get a call through to tell us she was safe.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:07 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,212 Likes on 525 Posts

In my living room in Fairfax, VA, about 30 minutes from the Pentagon.

The hardest part was my sister was a pilot for USAir at the time, and she was based on of New York; albeit she lived outside of DC near me. As I watched things unfold on the TV and Web, I was frantically trying to contact my sister. As we found out more about the plane types and their carriers, tension eased slightly, but pilots and airline personnel hop flights on any/all carriers all the time to get to where they need to be for flight ops.

It took about 2.5 hours to finally find her, asleep in a hotel room in Ohio, where she had flown into the night before. Her husband was a wreck; as he did not know where she was either; and he is in Gov't secure communications so he was very busy with work. I had to call my parents, and prep them (both in Chicago, so they were an hour behind), to wake them, and prep them for the fact that we did not know where Michelle was. I found her around 11:30AM; (finally picked up her cell phone), and also told her about the events, which completely destroyed her.

I had friends on my Volunteer Fire Department crew that went to the scene at the Pentagon. By mid-afternoon; I had been called by some Gov't partners/customers and asked to come down to Arlington, VA to set up alternate secure communications for the Pentagon; which is where I stayed for a couple days. I worked in the Pentagon for almost 4 years in communications and infrastructure, and know the building very well.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 09-12-2007 at 03:09 PM.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:39 PM
Registered

On a Continental plane from gate 104 at Newark Airport Scheduled to take off at 8:45 Am going to Califonia sitting in seat 3E. Aborted take off. I'm shaking as i'm typeing
Old 09-12-2007, 06:50 PM
Registered

I was off that day at home with my 2 year old daughter, came across the radio a small plane hit the tower I turned the tv on and thought that was no small plane then the second one hit I have kept my guns loaded since.