If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    My Boats:
    Big beatdown pontoon boat. Bring your own fenders.
    Phoenix, AZ
    That's horrible news. Thoughts and prayers go out to all involved.

thoughts and prayers.

I'm with nobody Gold Member nadledvinka's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1995 26' velocity
    Kazoo Michigan
    Thoughts and prayers.
    Don't take life too seriously.....No one gets out alive!!!

My Boats:
    Engine, speed, powerboats, Outerlimits SV43 with Whipple 1375SCI's
    Fresno, CA, 93722, USA
    My thoughts and prayers go out to all involved. Tom was such a great person, someone I truly respected. I'm deeply saddenned by todays tragic events.

Lanoka Harbor, NJ
    Myself along with my family and friends are in shock and feel absolutely horrible...we give our deepest sincerity and send our condolences to those involved and their families...glad to see our family of the Offshore Racing community can pull together and give regards to such a horrific accident....RIP

Ernie Tretola Jr.

Gold Member Gold Member lightspeed's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Babylon, New York
    Very Sad News Prayers Go Out To All Involved

My Boats:
    Making the best in the industry BETTER for over 25 years...... Lip-Ship Performance 305-933-9988
    Channel Islands, So. Cal.
    Just an update, LIke Staci said, Mark is alive and is currently in surgery. Mark is PBM's main helicopter pilot and has flown over many of us many times at different events across the country for PBM. He's truely a great guy and as of right now is expected to do well with recovery.

PBM is in shock and disbelief at the events that unfolded today. Again, they greatly appreciate all the thoughts and prayers. Tom was an outstanding guy and did wonderful things for PBM. He will be greatly missed by many.

My wife (Kelly) and I were lucky enough to spend good times with Tom and Vicki and will cherish the good times we just had on our boat during the 4th of july fireworks with Toms two sons. Those are the memories I wish to remember, not the tragedy of today.

Orange Beach, Alabama
    I have had the honor of flying alongside Tom during the speed run in Panama City, FL for Cigarette (it was somewhere around 40 degress and I was freezing with 2 wetsuits, gloves, a hood and gear on and all he had on a t-shirt and jeans and was fine) and again at LOTO this year getting a few shots during the runs. Tom was always professional and treated us the same when we were in his company.

God Bless his family and friends. He may be gone, but he will not be forgotten.

Thoughts and Prayers from Orange Beach for now you are our Angel.

ps...all of my firefighter buddies (FDNY 343) and Rick H. will watch out for him, he is in good hands.
    Last edited by bad2bonecapt; 09-11-2007 at 08:17 PM.

17.5 LOTO
    Though I never new them personally, we have gotten to know them through their professional and often awsome views we have never seen before.

RIP, our thoughts are with all the friends and families of ALL involved.

We can all remember them through the picturs that will last forever!

i heard about this a few hours before when it was just a "Copter Chase with a Powerboat." then i heard the words "Powerboat Magazine" later and remembered/realized it was probably the performance trials they always do in Sarasota. my heart sunk at that. it sunk further when i read on here there was loss of life. I always thought of Tom Newby's photography as superior, and from the sound of it [on here, from the people who knew him personally] sounded like a great guy. my thoughts and prayers are with he, his family and friends, with the other passenger Mr Copeland who lost his life and his family and friends, to the staff at Powerboat Magazine, and with Mr. Watters. i do hope he fully recovers. this is a sad day. Rest In Peace.
    Last edited by fubar260; 09-11-2007 at 08:19 PM.

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast