Ever installed or ran Cobra Power Motors >

Ever installed or ran Cobra Power Motors

Notices

Ever installed or ran Cobra Power Motors

Old 01-13-2002, 05:18 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts
Had many engines in boats and all the problems. when building TomCat went with the best Sterling engines no problems so far. Boat is very fast.Think you need to put things into perspective you would not repower your regal with them,But when building the best forget the rest.it was sterlings or Eickerts and Sterling is in my back yard.Yes they get the long dollar but sure are nice package.Dont belive TomCat would have the same attude with a pair of 330/TRS!!!
Old 01-13-2002, 07:34 PM
Charter Member#350
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have Carolina engines, 580ci, 1071 blowers set at around 730hp with 6lbs boost. I am happy with the engines, only time I broke them was due to BAD gasoline.
I think the way to go is with an EFI engine, I know Tomy at Chief has been working on those and is getting great results.
I personaly will go with a new Mercury 500 EFI Wipple Charged and the B-Max drive.
If you go with an engine builder I like Carolina, Chief, Eickert, Sterling and Zul. The reason I like them is because I know they will stand behind their engines and I base that on my personal experience ( Carolina) and the experence of my friends in the Poker run circuit and Racing circuit ( the other builders)
Old 01-13-2002, 08:48 PM
Registered

Thanks for the 411 Doc. I appreciate it.
Old 01-13-2002, 09:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts
Thanks for the info DR. and Miller. Both A.T.Dan I know its less expensive to go 500 efi and Whipples, but if can be done for a few more dollars and cubic inches and still get reliable power I prefer to go that way.

Dan I just got home, need to talk to you about Pfaff motors, call me or let me know if your up, and I will call you.
Old 11-29-2002, 04:03 PM
Registered

I worked for C&G (cobra power) for 11 years as an engine builder.
Randy is a stand up guy and very down to earth and he always stands behind his motors although yes there were a few times that some jobs went sour but that’s to be expected and unless the customer voided the warranty by revving a 572 stroker moter to 9k he did stand behind his work.

We did have problems with oil leaks because randy loved that crappy gil oil pan that was extremely rigid and that teamed up with the fact the we had to hand grind the bottom of the blocks to clear the rods which left very little contact area for the oil pan rail gaskets which also meant that it did not take much crankcase pressure to blow out the gasket and have a nice pretty oil leak.

I also worked with Mr. Hockerspitter for the 2 years he spent at cobra before he became the infamous Cheif Engines president.

But the man does stand behind his engines.
Old 11-29-2002, 05:00 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
Default northeast engine builders

hi guys, there must be at least 10 engine builders on LI in suffolk county,Mcbetts racing in copiague in my choice. they built my motor and never had a problem. they build stock car motors and those guys run the hell out of them they have a dyno and do all work in house and have direct connection with major manufactures of all components. i worked there for 10 years doin heads and saw what goes on,nothing incorrect,just accurate work. when i say stock car motors i mean modifideds and supermodified motors,very expensive peices,not junk tryem 631 842 9638 ask for richie tell him tripps sent you ,and a friend of mine is building motors for his 32 skater and using them i cant wait for the results hey boot tryem you wont be dissapointed, ask some stock car guys in jersy aboutem,im quite sure youll hear good things tripps
Old 11-29-2002, 06:51 PM
Registered

Goodfella: who is tommy? which shop is that?
Old 11-29-2002, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Things That Make You Go Hmmmm?

Maybe Im just paranoid but I thought that the screen names Screamingdemon, Supercharger, and AirSpeedEngineering were proven to be the same person in the Active Thunder/Powerplay scam a few months ago. Now all three are supporting the same position in this thread.

Am I the only one who has noticed this?

Last edited by rjcardinal; 11-29-2002 at 09:12 PM.
Old 11-29-2002, 09:19 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Dan, you should listen to goodfella and stop by Kurts. At least if something goes wrong he can do it all at his shop. Many top race teams trust him so...

Also don't forget Zul if you can deal with the attitude.
Old 11-29-2002, 09:37 PM
Registered

Exclamation This is a year old thread

This thread is old stuff. Who dug this up anyway ?

Quick Reply: Ever installed or ran Cobra Power Motors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.