Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Need a couple sea strainers (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/169142-need-couple-sea-strainers.html)

cougarman 09-20-2007 04:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Have two Latham Transome pick-ups left two.

$195. each new, I'll take 95.00 each.

Had them repolished to.

Thanks
Jon

Strip Poker 388 09-20-2007 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by BenPerfected (Post 2278983)
I have two...excellent condition. $325 pr delivered.

Hows the vac pump working for ya? Nice engine bay and I like the fuel rail:D

Sick Stinger 09-20-2007 05:57 PM

Can i use a one of these strainers as a strainer for the intercooler of do i have to use one of the mini strainers or something differant
thanks
Mike

cougarman 09-20-2007 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Sick Stinger (Post 2279088)
Can i use a one of these strainers as a strainer for the intercooler of do i have to use one of the mini strainers or something differant
thanks
Mike

There's no reason you can't it's more a question of what you would like and fits your needs or space.

Jon

Sick Stinger 09-20-2007 06:43 PM

I have all the space in the world and im straining a SuperChiller underneither a 10-71 BDS charger

bidpro 09-20-2007 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Sick Stinger (Post 2278083)
If anyone knows or has a couple laying around or even one is ok let me know thanks
Mike

I have 2 - powdercoated blue - one needs a new plex top.

PM me if interested.
GR

Sick Stinger 09-20-2007 07:49 PM

Ok just making sure that any sea strainer would have worked for the chiller that was my only real concern about the strainers and room and mounting want a factor i have a pretty open spot in which i can mount them

BenPerfected 09-20-2007 08:26 PM

Strip,
Vacuum system is working great; everything stays oil free. This last winter we re-rigged the vacuum pump lines (much cleaner), switched to external wet sump oil pumps, MM sea strainers, changed to SS hard water lines, and re-rigged new fuel/water separators.
This winter Mike Riley (MRE Power Products) is going to be working with KE on a EFI system. We are planning to use Keith's intake, scoop and throttle body set-up; the plan includes the Axcel ignition/software. It will include crank trigger, IAC, TPS, etc. As my carbureted engines have all been run on KE's dyno set-up, it will be interesting to see if we make any additional power with EFI. For sure, the final package should be more user friendly around the docks and more fuel efficient....and heavy in the bling!
More bilge rigging with a high pressure fuel system, return lines. etc.
It is all about the hunt...

Strip Poker 388 09-21-2007 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by BenPerfected (Post 2279233)
Strip,
Vacuum system is working great; everything stays oil free. This last winter we re-rigged the vacuum pump lines (much cleaner), switched to external wet sump oil pumps, MM sea strainers, changed to SS hard water lines, and re-rigged new fuel/water separators.
This winter Mike Riley (MRE Power Products) is going to be working with KE on a EFI system. We are planning to use Keith's intake, scoop and throttle body set-up; the plan includes the Axcel ignition/software. It will include crank trigger, IAC, TPS, etc. As my carbureted engines have all been run on KE's dyno set-up, it will be interesting to see if we make any additional power with EFI. For sure, the final package should be more user friendly around the docks and more fuel efficient....and heavy in the bling!
More bilge rigging with a high pressure fuel system, return lines. etc.
It is all about the hunt...

Looks good$$$, What power did ya make?

Strip Poker 388 09-21-2007 04:50 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I have 1 Hardin Marine strainer supplying both innercoolers,seems to be working ok