Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Got a letter from the county today... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/169325-got-letter-county-today.html)

excalibur32 09-27-2007 08:45 AM

Buy property, build a big shop.

sleeper_dave 09-27-2007 09:47 AM

kubcat, that's priceless! Friggin' awesome!

I'm in the process of buying a house right now. One of my priorities was room to park the boat on the property. I found a place in my price range with a 4+ car garage... standard two car garage, expanded almost as far back as it can go, 4 feet from the property line in the back. 35' or so deep inside. Just barely enough clearance at the top that I can back my 27' Fountain in. The hard part is going to be getting it turned into the driveway, since it's a neighborhood where everyone has a single-width driveway (city ordinance says no more than 12' wide driveway unless you have an attached garage) and they park their second car in the street. I figure when i'm ready for a bigger boat, I'll have to jack up the garage and put it on a couple rows of cinderblocks at the bottom. But at least i'll be able to keep it inside for the winter. I'll find a spot to rent nice and close to the ramp for summer storage, though.

THRILLSEEKER 09-27-2007 09:47 AM

Man after reading all of theese storries I am even more thankfull that I live in the country.

Heres my worst horror story: I did a cam break in on the boat at 11:30 P.M. on a thursday night, about 10 minutes into it, my neihbor from 500 yds. down the road drives up, gets out of his truck, and offers beer if he can stay and watch.

My gripe: Coors light isnt my favorite beer. :drink:

jafo 09-27-2007 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by THRILLSEEKER (Post 2286712)
Man after reading all of theese storries I am even more thankfull that I live in the country.

Heres my worst horror story: I did a cam break in on the boat at 11:30 P.M. on a thursday night, about 10 minutes into it, my neihbor from 500 yds. down the road drives up, gets out of his truck, and offers beer if he can stay and watch.

No kidding- with all of the stuff I have around the property, I'd need most of the neighbor's drives and garages as well as my own if I lived residential.
I've had the same 'problem' when firing up the boats- usually brings an interested neighbor or two over for a friendly visit, but they have to drive over (or take a LONG walk) to see what's goin' on.:D

Iggy 09-27-2007 11:09 AM

just dont let him in your back yard to mesure it.If its behind a gate they cant
True, they aren't allowed through the frnce without permission.
But all they need to do is jot down the boats registration number and run it through DMV. They'll have everything they need.