Notices

41 Apache

Old 09-27-2007, 04:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shogren
Fountains don't like to go out unless it's rough, just watch the Chicago Poker Run video. Jeff, I saw the first cut of our new commercial that will be on American Powerboat TV, it looks like your boats in it. Be sure to watch.

Regards,
Hey Scott, I 'm pretty sure Roger was goffing around . Besides B-Z drives more conservative Now that he has to pay for his drives and Mike has a tendency Drive like some other guy we might know.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default It's all good, you need a new boat Roger!!!

I know Rogers goofing around, would love to take him out in rough stuff and make him a believer by example, not talk. It's all good!!!

Warranties are great until they expire. BZ has a great boat and Mercury was very fair to him. The only way to go faster is more HP, not different props that stress drives.

Hopefully we will have a few more good weekends on the big pond. Roger, you need to get a new boat soon.

Regards,

www.chicagofountain.com
Attached Thumbnails 41 Apache-img_0292.jpg   41 Apache-picture-003.jpg  

Last edited by TeamShogren.com; 09-27-2007 at 07:54 PM.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:33 AM
Ike
Charter Member#93
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
That's awesome for a side-by-side, full-cabin boat. I'd sleep with those props under my pillow if I were you. Mine had about 825 per on 3's and I never could get it over 80. When I had the 750NA's in it, I couldn't get past 76 on the GPS. If I could reach 90 with the 1000's on sixes, I'd be thrilled.
Chris when i had the warparty 41 it ran the best i saw on gps was 74.2, light on fuel two guys and rough out, that boat is a full cabin with a/c and fridge and it had fresh Dave Wieseldik 572's that dyno'd at 620hp at 5000rpm's. With the props 17.5 x 26 labbed 3 blades it would top out at 5000rpm, #3's. It would run 70 full on fuel anytime i took it out and 72 when we were heading home. The worst i ever saw was at rock the bay with 3 guys full of fuel and dead flat water was 68mph
Old 09-28-2007, 07:26 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by 10x
I've been in that boat twice this summer. First time out with the fresh power at 4 lbs. of boost on dead flat water, seen 85 on a hand held GPS I was in it.
After seeing the dyno sheets with 8 lbs. of boost and some 110 in it, there's no doubt in my mind that this boat will run about 90, as long as you put some bigger wheels on it.
This says a lot.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by THRILLSEEKER
Hey Barb,
Theres a band of angry cut thoats right around the corner that are gonna make you walk the plank if you dont hurry up and post some pics of the new ride.

Glad your happy with it.
There are some pics in the owner's forum area under "The Chief", but I'll pop over to your place and post some!
Old 09-28-2007, 07:38 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yea Scott, just some good old Hammond smack talk. You know I love Fountains but if you want to make me a believer, well hell yea, I’m in.

As a matter of fact, I would like to be the official boat ride reporter for the Lake Michigan area. I could gather data all summer long and report my finding at the end of the year. From Apaches, Cigarettes, Fountains, O.L’s, A.T.’s. Formulas, Checkmates, Donzi, Skaters, MTI’s and any other manufacture that I did not list, except Bayliner. Oh, what the heck, I’ll do the Bayliners too, if no other boats are available for testing. I left out Sonic because I know how great they ride.

Then and only then will I be able to make an educated decision as to what boat to purchase. This may take a few years to accomplish, so we have a lot of work to do. Everyone please PM me the date that you would like to take me out for ride testing. Just keep in mind that it may take more than one ride to gather enough data for my report.

I will bring the beer.

Sincerely

Roger
Old 09-28-2007, 08:02 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Quiet Storm
I will bring the beer.

Sincerely

Roger
Why doesn't it read or why won't they say I'll bring the gas money??????? We've got the beer!!!!!

j/k with you.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:03 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Quiet Storm
Then and only then will I be able to make an educated decision as to what boat to purchase. This may take a few years to accomplish, so we have a lot of work to do. Everyone please PM me the date that you would like to take me out for ride testing. Just keep in mind that it may take more than one ride to gather enough data for my report.
That's not a bad idea!!!

Working as a mechanic for a number of years having to test drive just about every boat brand/make/model under the sun helped me to make my decisions based upon my needs!
Old 09-28-2007, 09:03 AM
Registered

I would like to officially apologise to all the spelling police.
I'm sorry.
1514 posts and I spelled a word wrong.

Now about that rough water. NK
Old 09-28-2007, 09:52 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Nauti Kitty
I would like to officially apologise to all the spelling police.
I'm sorry.
1514 posts and I spelled a word wrong.

Now about that rough water. NK
Ummm, it is spelled "apologize".

Quick Reply: 41 Apache

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.