Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Helicopter Pics - RIPOFF (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/169535-helicopter-pics-ripoff.html)

CROWN MAN 09-25-2007 11:53 AM

Wow this is going to save me allot of time & money.

a helicopter took a couple of shots of my boat this past Sunday. My boys were so exited, so yesterday I filled out all the info on their site - then it needed credit card info before i get to see anything,, f*ck that. Show me what i will get & for how much, then I will decide what I want.

If you have to hide your prices, its probably not worth it.

Sean 09-25-2007 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by DORaymond (Post 2282847)
I just purchased a photo from boatpix.com for $250 (I think 18" x 22"?) One of a kind photo for that price imo.

DR,

I filled out the stuff online too...and havent seen a thing...maybe they didn't get any shots of me? Was my boat in your pics? :)

Sean

show-n-go h2o 09-25-2007 01:31 PM

The company that did it at lake cumberland poker run did a great job, and you can view all the pics they took without filling out anything. im not sure how there prices match up but at least you can see the pics before you purchase.
www.helipix.com

Panther 09-25-2007 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by beakman (Post 2283723)
What does a helicpoter cost to rent?? I had one done for 250.00. seemed reasonable. You could never get a shot like those by yourself.

From a post I put up a year ago; "It's $1400 per hour for a turbine about $300 per for piston" :hitfan:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=136858

Clay Washington 09-25-2007 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Donman (Post 2282990)
What`s $750 to us RICH BOATING GUYS ??? :ernaehrung004:

A tank of gas! :D

OkieTunnel 09-25-2007 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Clay Washington (Post 2284531)
A tank of gas! :D

Maybe a "top off":D

PicChic 09-28-2007 02:47 PM

Not all aerial photographers leave you guys "Up in the air"

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by CROWN MAN (Post 2283988)
Wow this is going to save me allot of time & money.

a helicopter took a couple of shots of my boat this past Sunday. My boys were so exited, so yesterday I filled out all the info on their site - then it needed credit card info before i get to see anything,, f*ck that. Show me what i will get & for how much, then I will decide what I want.

If you have to hide your prices, its probably not worth it.

Happened to catch this post & found it humerous to me. I felt the same way with pics my husband used to want. I'm Lori they call me Pic Chic. I have now started doing my own "privately hired" aerial photography of performance boating. Rather you use me or utilize the info to get it done like you want. What I do & what has worked well. Guys will contact me of an event they want photographed, usually in FL where I live. However, I've traveled other places. They'll get as many guys together as they can to hire the chopper & pay expenses. Choppers run about $650 an hr. I'll photograph the boats you need photographed as well as others. I'll edit all pics & send you a proof file by way of email with a price sheet attached. You pick the pics & sizes you want prior to any payment. Once agreement has been made, you send me a ck & I send you your prints. It's very simple. Obviously, the more boats you have in the pool so to speak the more economical it is on everyone. These are a few of many I've done. I'm always happy to share pics if you'd like to see more. If you're ever interested in contacting me or needing more info feel free to PM me. Lori aka Pic Chic

DORaymond 09-28-2007 03:44 PM

Sean,

No, your boat was not in the pics. But, you were practically right next to me when they were shooting (I think I was in FRONT of you:rolleyes:) Anyway, did you get an email confirmation from them when you originally applied?

DR

TUFFboat 09-28-2007 06:58 PM

Well... you should have taken a picture of the helicopter from the boat, and sent it back, It cost alot to rent a boat you know...:D

CMG 09-28-2007 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by Shenk1172 (Post 2282857)
yeah, that's how we sent it back. We ended up laying the poster on the floor and taking a digital picture of the poster and it turned out just as good. I just want to know what kind of idiot would pay $750 for a picture?

I sell wide format scanners and printers and make use of demo equipment thank you very much. you should see my garage:p:p