Notices

Helicopter Pics - RIPOFF

Old 09-24-2007, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We were out a few weeks ago and I'm SURE they took pictures of us on running on the Intercoastal. I emailed them and asked for a price list. They sent me one right away, no problem. I would like to have previewed the shots first, but they don't offer that, I guess you just have to order and hope for the best. I didn't order, as much as I would like a one of a kind picture, but I don't consider my old Baja worthy of several hundred dollars worth of paper and ink............
Old 09-24-2007, 09:30 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw the helicopter taking pics so I put the hammer down and trim it up and throw a huge rooster tail. I get the pics and these idiots have a picture of the boat close up no rooster tail. I sent them back, at least they could have taken a few of each, what did they think that rooster tail was for?
Old 09-25-2007, 07:57 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
So, just how much did you send them for the copy of the helocopter shot they took of you? I don't think they are the the ones doing the rip off here.
I heard that!!
Old 09-25-2007, 08:35 AM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by marylandmark
I know it cost good $$$ for them to be there and do what they do, however I think if they priced the pics cheaper they would end up making more money- profit in quantity type thing.

+1
Old 09-25-2007, 09:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
So, just how much did you send them for the copy of the helocopter shot they took of you? I don't think they are the the ones doing the rip off here.
Exactly what I was thinking.

Bet he doesnt tip at restaurants either.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:07 AM
Registered

They should allow you to preview low res versions with watermarks on a website.

That seams pretty simple, and reasonalbe.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:09 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Dblvanos
They should allow you to preview low res versions with watermarks on a website.

That seams pretty simple, and reasonalbe.
Ya. If they didn't send unsolicited poster-sized photos to everyone they shoot, maybe they could price them more reasonably. I wonder how much they waste in pics that don't get purchased.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:12 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Talking

What does a helicpoter cost to rent?? I had one done for 250.00. seemed reasonable. You could never get a shot like those by yourself.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:16 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just went thru this with a company.They took photos at the NY poker run in the spring and I sent them an e-mail asking to see the pictures.They said that they couldnt let me preview them and that they would send the printed pictures to me.I told not to bother and then they agreed to send low resolution with water marks to me via e-mail.I picked three that I liked and asked for a price.I waited a few weeks to reply and when I did I asked if they would except a much lower offer for the ones I chose and they excepted.I look at it this way,who else would want the pictures of my boat,so they would rather make some money then none at all on those shots.

Thanks Nordic95
Old 09-25-2007, 09:44 AM
Registered

I was in a poker run a few years ago and purchased two different helicopter pictures from a well known guy. I was to get a 12x12 of each. When I received the pictures they were 5x7’s and both were of the same picture. I sent several e-mail’s and never heard back from him.

Quick Reply: Helicopter Pics - RIPOFF

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.