Need advice on selling my boat >

Need advice on selling my boat

Notices

Need advice on selling my boat

Old 09-25-2007, 03:31 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Clay Washington
It sounds like you are getting some great advise. I can only add one personal preference...

Lose the Bimini Top!

If you want to sell performance boat, then make it look like a performance boat. Include the bimini in the sale, but take it off the boat and take some new pics. The bimini messes up the "performance lines".

Just my two-cents...
Good point, thank you!!! I have little kids so it was a must have... but does look kinda gay! haha... thanks!
Old 09-25-2007, 03:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Clay Washington
Oh, and as far as the price... I would take $68,000 for my boat right now!

Granted, mine's a 1990, but it's a Cigarette!

You may need to drop the price at least $10K before you get a bite.

Just my (additional) two-cents...
haha... thanks.
Yeah, I have a cig too....
that was almost funny!
Old 09-25-2007, 09:48 PM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

My buddy that I referred to you was a bit turned off by the bottom paint. In fact, he had never even heard of a boat like this even being bottom painted. He is at LOTO, so he does not need a trailer, so that is actually a benefit to him. He is still looking at the oter one, but I do know that he has not bought yet.

Another thing that I would try woudl be to add 10k to the price, and advertise that you would consider a trade. If a guy came along with a 20k boat that he has been trying to sell, it may become a great deal for you. I've done this several times with great luck.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:25 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 36Tango
Another thing that I would try woudl be to add 10k to the price, and advertise that you would consider a trade.

I think he`s got himself priced a little out of the market as it is now. Like Clay said: drop another $10K off the price and you`ll get bites.

Price it at $78K and it won`t do squat ...
Old 09-26-2007, 06:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 36Tango
My buddy that I referred to you was a bit turned off by the bottom paint. In fact, he had never even heard of a boat like this even being bottom painted. He is at LOTO, so he does not need a trailer, so that is actually a benefit to him. He is still looking at the oter one, but I do know that he has not bought yet.

Another thing that I would try woudl be to add 10k to the price, and advertise that you would consider a trade. If a guy came along with a 20k boat that he has been trying to sell, it may become a great deal for you. I've done this several times with great luck.

Hey there 36T....
The fiberglass spot near the bow eye is getting repaired by Kelly's Port this afternoon and I am having the bottom paint removed next week. I am not going to come down on price too much after this though... its already a great price I think.
A broker has it now anyway and thinks I am asking too little, but he sees a different clientel than I do out of the ads. If I dont get a bite, I will just hold on to it a while and wait. Both boats are paid for, so I dont have an real urgency in selling or a need to give it away. Thanks !
Old 09-26-2007, 06:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Donman
I think he`s got himself priced a little out of the market as it is now. Like Clay said: drop another $10K off the price and you`ll get bites.

Price it at $78K and it won`t do squat ...
??? Price is not at 78K
Its priced at 68K. read the ad. The book on this boat is about 83 for average retail and 78k for LOW retail. Low retail would be a boat in very rough condition. 157 hours. I am priced right. Thanks though
Old 09-26-2007, 12:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eichhoma
??? Price is not at 78K
Its priced at 68K. read the ad. The book on this boat is about 83 for average retail and 78k for LOW retail. Low retail would be a boat in very rough condition. 157 hours. I am priced right. Thanks though

I DID read the ad and I DID see that the price is $68K. I was referring to the previous post that someone suggested raising the price by $10K and accepting trades. I don`t think that would be a good idea at all.

The book price is just that --- a book price. It is used more by sellers and loan officers than buyers.

You should stick to the asking price of $68K, but it will be spring before it sells and I predict you`ll have to still come down a little before it actually sells. I hope I`m wrong though.
Good luck.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:18 PM
Registered

Gotcha... my misunderstanding.
Appreciate the feedback Don!