If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Boats:
    Pantera 28
    Huntington Beach, CA
    It's funny to see this thread on OSO. Makes me feel better about the old Lyman Islander that I've been eyeballing! You guys are a bad influence on every level!

There was a guy in Pompano, FL(Bill Coffman)....Predator Marine, that was building a really cool 24 & 27 deep-vee cold-molded boat with old school style teak plank decks and teak veneer hull sides. site was
    Went to factory and saw some really nice projects.

My Boats:
    Wellcraft Scarab
    Lake Gaston NC
    Hey man, I do 'em all........ya got to love the water, its the only place I can get a little sanity for myself. Its the only place I can get away from a cell phone, nextel, or an office phone. Its the only place I don't have to worry about getting bothered as well. Take the wife and we get out and enjoy it, I almost threw her cell phone overboard the other weekend it rang off the hook looking for me, she says......"haven't seen him, I'm shopping...later." Thats why I enjoy as many water hobbies as I can, it gets me away from the real world. So, I try and keep a few boats handy as well as a PWC of some sort. The old classic woodys are just like old classic cars, it'll give me something to do the off season and a nice toy to enjoy this spring and summer. I'm dick to death of doing cars, so I figured a boat would be the resto project this time. A car restoration usually winds up a nightmare, you invest a ton into it and then you get some idiot smut that wants to offer you about half of your asking price and have the gall to tell you its not worth what you are asking, when you know it is...........with boats, especially the higher end ones in the woody category you can some-what still get a return out of it if you can do some of the work yourself and save a few coins, atleast it looks that way for me anyhoo.

My Boats:
    2002 Powerplay 33
    Lake George, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury_Challenger View Post
    The Hacker line is sweet as hell man, thanks for sharing.
    I have toured the factory with the owner it's a sight to see. Nice people they took us for a ride in a 33. 454 crusader with bow thrusters, beautiful, nice ride. They really hold there value, it was a 97 and they were asking around 50 thousand. That is what it sold for new in 97.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12