If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Charter Member #34 Charter Member Dock Holiday's Avatar
    Beautiful North Carolina

Thumbs up Don Carter / Offshore Performance

A big THANK YOU and hats off to Don Carter of Offshore Performance.

We hear all the bad but it is nice to be able to report someone in the marine industry that does a really great job and goes above and beyond when it comes to customer service.

Don Carter
    Offshore Performance
    15881 Chief Court
    Fort Myers, FL 33912

Cell 239-994-3527
    Fax 239-433-2601

I bought two new drives from Don over two years ago now because of a top cap failure on my old ones and he recommended a good top cap and installed and shimmed them perfectly because they have over 200 trouble free hours which is more then the original drives lasted. He was a real pleasure to do business with and did everything he said he would at a fair price.

When I rebuilt my old original uppers and needed new lowers I called Don first and he had what I needed at a good price and shipped them right out on UPS as requested. I received them in two days and put them in my boat shop and did not get around to opening the boxes until almost a month later. One of the lowers had a busted casing because it did not have the proper amount of foam packing in the box from Mercury and the drive moved around in the box during shipping. This was clearly Merc fault and Don immediately when I called him and told him of the issue did not question me and said No problem I will replace it.

I was straight up and honest with him and he knew it, but WOW, what wonderful customer service. He did have to fit with UPS and Im sure he came out o the loosing end of the deal, but he has earned a long time customer with me.

Thanks very much for the good service Don and thank you for running a business the right way.

Mark Terry
    Allied Bearings

My Boats:
    1986 38 cigarette
    east new market, md.
    great guy to deal with ,really knows his stuff