Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OSO Friends. Miss GEICO, Discovery Tonight. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/169714-oso-friends-miss-geico-discovery-tonight.html)

egrus 09-27-2007 11:58 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I don't usually watch Discovery so would have missed it.

Great show! Thanks again!

AppSysCons 09-27-2007 12:57 PM

Finally, a show that makes me proud of our sport.

Top notch production!

Great cinematography!

Great animation’s.

Fun story line!

The routine about pushing the red button to win was great!

Joe Todesca 09-27-2007 03:51 PM

I'm very proud of team AMF and It is always an hornor to be on the race course with them. Jo

Playn 09-27-2007 04:01 PM

Saw it last night. Good show!

animalhouse 09-27-2007 05:20 PM

Good job guys, the production was great. It was great to see racing try to make a mianstream entry into people's houses. A friend of mine had his tv on discovery and watched the show by accident, now he wants to know when the next race is so he can go watch it. Great job.

bouyhunter 09-27-2007 05:27 PM

I thought the show was GREAT!!!
My Boss even happened to catch it just by chance, and was telling me about it today at work because he knows how much I love this stuff.
We got to talking about it for a half hour with another manager who just bought his first boat (a little O/B eggbeater glastron from the mid-70's).
So, there's proof that this generates more interest in the sport, and the boats.
Great job guys!!!
Please pass this post on Discovery Channel.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 09-27-2007 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by animalhouse (Post 2287290)
Good job guys, the production was great. It was great to see racing try to make a mianstream entry into people's houses. A friend of mine had his tv on discovery and watched the show by accident, now he wants to know when the next race is so he can go watch it. Great job.

LOTO this weekend !

I leave in the AM..... :ernaehrung004:

ChrisK 09-27-2007 07:33 PM

I dont see it on my listing! AHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhh..... I missed this thread until today and its not on tomorrow... Mythbusters is! noooooooooo

Dude! Sweet! 09-27-2007 08:21 PM

Man, the dude that put that show on two days before the SCOPE Poker Run may end up owing me an outdrive! That is just what the doctor ordered! :D

I got a kick out of some of the hyperboyle (hyping the danger and some comments which appeared to igore the existence of Miss Longlite)... It's rare that TV "entusiasm" isn't condescending to the people who are more into the subject matter, but in this case it really came off as the host's enthusiam rather than "dumbing down" the subject matter.

I also thought it was awesome that it happend to tie into the OPA Ocean City race that I got to see last week.

And man, that Miss Geico she's a bad girl! Congrat's guys. Great show!

RollWithIt 09-27-2007 09:09 PM

I was still working at 10. So I stayed up till 2am to catch the show. I was not dissappointed at all. Great show. Congrats. The coolest part is that a friend of mine was on vacation in Sarasota when the races were happening. He got to watch them first hand.