If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    My Boats:
    24' Pantera
    Apache Jct. AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by TUFFboat View Post
    Bouyhunter; Great question, my first model, the TUFF 21 does have its roots in the old Challenger. But, believe it or not, I designed the TUFF 28 from scratch on CAD, actually I looked over the should of the CAD guy as he drew to my instructions. I had scale models cut out of solid MDF until I got what I liked. The plug was built in a pattern shop the old fashioned way with CAD plotted plans.

The foot controls comes from my Mod VP racing days, unlike offshore racing, were two people control the boat, one person must have complete control (constant access to trim, throttle and steering) to operate the machine under extreme duress. The boat is my version of a 28 Skater in a Vee bottom and at the same time you drive it like a great big god damn Alison, especially the twin O/B version.

BTW we are just about to CAD cut another scale model of a new model of a mini version, the 'TUFF light', a fifteen foot kids boat that looks like the 28.
    Thanks for the reply.
    If you need a guy for CAD work, I love doing it. I'd love to get involved in projects like this.

Newbury Park, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by THRILLSEEKER View Post
    I think I may have gotten half of my two year PRA subscription, most of which were totally mangled.

I already know what a new Fountain looks like/costs/speed/ cost per mph...ect....I dont need to pay for a magazine subscription to re learn it every month.
    I think this is the problem many boating magazines. There is just no in depth reporting, and people get bored hearing essentially the same thing over and over. There are only a few paragraphs about how great the boat is, and some specs (which are pretty limited), usually on boats almost no one can afford. I think they would do better with more detail, what's bad about the boat, how it is built, what innovations the builder put in, etc., and have a better range of boat sizes and price.

My Boats:
    little cat...BIG MOTOR
    Aurora Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by TUFFboat View Post
    Thanks Thisistank, I will check it out.

Airpacker, In that case I would really like to try your Blackhawk. What RPM are you spinning with your prop(s) when you get 90mph?
    I'm waiting for a prop to do my last big number run. I just got Rotorhead a new 4 blade lightening ET for his TUFF 21 and we're hoping for some magic over the 102 with that as well. That means we will be around Orillia coming up soon, coming out?

Mark, I spin 5000 at 91mph. Call me at my shop and we can arrange things. You'll need to change the top four studs in the transom assembly to longer ones I have due to using a wing plate for steering.

My Boats:
    BAJA OL 650HP/ SABER 28 Gellner unlimited with konrad ace
    Quote Originally Posted by bouyhunter View Post
    Then what do you read on the Crapper??
    Actually, I've not re-upped any of my subscriptions either.
    I had jon ,audiofn in stall a home theater in my bathroom where the bath tub was now I have a 52'' LCD in front of me .I never have to leave because theres a frig and grill to and the seat is padded like the ones in the 80s. so I can do my oso, pb, hb, em, on line who needs a mag. so now I never have to leave the crapper. art

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234