Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Any magazine articles that aren't paid for... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/169790-any-magazine-articles-arent-paid.html)

TUFFboat 09-27-2007 12:30 PM

Any magazine articles that aren't paid for...

Open a boat magazine today and you will see the same 5 guys as always, you would think that is all there is out there.
Is there any publications out there that bring interesting unknown marine products to the public. Right now the large magazines are basically paid to do a test on boat models both directly and or through advertizing contracts. I understand the business side of the thing, but what value is a purchased product demonstration when you know that the magazine must make a favourable showing or they won't get any business from the manufacturer.

I just bumped into the Weismann web site (because of OSO) and was surprised to see the very interesting hardware they have. Why would you not have stuff like that all the time in a magazine. There must be hundreds of things out there.
I would like to know about all the manufacturers everywhere, even over seas. Lets see all the crazy ideas people have who can't afford to buy publicity.

So I ask, where is the magazine like that?

T2x 09-27-2007 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by TUFFboat (Post 2286914)
Open a boat magazine today and you will see the same 5 guys as always, you would think that is all there is out there.
Is there any publications out there that bring interesting unknown marine products to the public. Right now the large magazines are basically paid to do a test on boat models both directly and or through advertizing contracts. I understand the business side of the thing, but what value is a purchased product demonstration when you know that the magazine must make a favourable showing or they won't get any business from the manufacturer.

I just bumped into the Weismann web site (because of OSO) and was surprised to see the very interesting hardware they have. Why would you not have stuff like that all the time in a magazine. There must be hundreds of things out there.
I would like to know about all the manufacturers everywhere, even over seas. Lets see all the crazy ideas people have who can't afford to buy publicity.

Out of business for lack of advertizing revenue.

Sydwayz 09-27-2007 12:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
NOT paid for:

Chris Sunkin 09-27-2007 02:30 PM

The Web is killing print publishing. Not that it ever was all that editorially squeaky-clean in years past. Now they're nothing more than ads and "advertorial".

Haven't paid for a boat mag in a decade.

Speaking of Weissman, they would be much more broadly accepted if it weren't for them being shoved out of the sport by sanctioning bodies who declared Mercruiser as the only acceptable drive.

Biggus 09-27-2007 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin (Post 2287058)
The Web is killing print publishing. Not that it ever was all that editorially squeaky-clean in years past. Now they're nothing more than ads and "advertorial".

Speaking of Weissman, they would be much more broadly accepted if it weren't for them being shoved out of the sport by sanctioning bodies who declared Mercruiser as the only acceptable drive.

Advertorial! :D:D good word man!

DoTheMath 09-27-2007 03:51 PM

Click on my link below :D

bouyhunter 09-27-2007 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin (Post 2287058)

Then what do you read on the Crapper??:D
Actually, I've not re-upped any of my subscriptions either.

wheels61 09-27-2007 06:04 PM

winter would be really tuff without; extreme boat, powerboat, hotboat and oso and mwbp.

sleek1 09-27-2007 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz (Post 2286949)
NOT paid for:

Still waiting on my first issue. Ordered it August 31.:cool:

TexomaPowerboater 09-27-2007 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by TUFFboat (Post 2286914)

I'm sure you can get one of your tuffboats in a magazine. Maybe just a little patience, have you been in production for a year yet? I'm looking forward to reading what a third party has to say about your boats.

Well...............since you brought this up AND since I haven't seen you boat featured in any magazines. Will you please post up some more pics of the Tuff boats...... and maybe some top speeds with a single inboard. :D