If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    OSO Content Provider Commercial Member SHARKEY-IMAGES's Avatar

Jacket and Kill Switches all the time. Just the part of a good habit I got into. I saw what a Cleaver can to someone, and don't want to see it again...

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

My Boats:
    1996 Fountain 29 Fever
    Houston, TX

I wear my jacket all the time, with the kill switch attached. I'm often in the boat by myself, so I don't want to take chances.

Mr. Now. atleast I would rather have a chance at living. better than being knocked out and drowning. or God forbid I was killed atleast my friends and family would know rather than have to wonder and have false hopes. just my 2 cents. I was not trying to fault the people in the accident in that post. just wonder who wears them, I have kills and EVERYONE has life jackets WHENVER the boat is on plane. AND>>> you have a better chance surviving the impact of the water with a life jacket wether it be at 40 or 140

BTW- West Marine has a sale-75%off-certain typeIII jackets.For $8 not a bad deal for the passengers...better than those stupid looking orange ones

Chesapeake Bay

Kill-switch lanyard all the time. Kids wear jackets all the time. Adults wear 'em in rough weather or extreme conditions.

Lake Lanier, GA

Non of us can speak for what happened in CA with the HTM deal. We are trying to help each other. I don't know what caused there accident, and if life jackets may have helped or not. All I know is you have a better chance if you have them own.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12