Notices

$19,000 OL on eBay

Old 09-27-2007, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $19,000 OL on eBay

This thread was started a while ago, I sent an email to the seller and got this back, I will go in with 19 people and then we can sell it and split the profit......
Hello,

Thank you for contacting me about my item 2002 Outerlimits Stilletto boat, in pristine condition. If you want you can buy it at $19,000.

About the boat: it is in immaculate condition and has no scratch on and hasn't been involved in
any accident. The engine runs very well. The boat was always garaged and rarely used. The boat is
in showroom condition. The title is clear; it is not a salvage one. I have legal document by
which I can transfer the title to your name.
The boat is located in Atlanta along with all papers and I will ship it from here. I will support
all the shipping fees. The delivery will take within 5 to 7 working days (with insurance and 30 days return policy). The service has frequent shared container services. It will be insured at the delivery service. If
something happens on the road, you will receive the insurance from the delivery service.
As soon as the boat arrives, you will test and if it does not matches 100% to your expectations,
you will return it in max. 30 days since the arrival date. In this case I will pay the return shipping and insurance fees.

ALSO ABOUT PAYMENT AND SHIPPING I WILL USE ONLY EBAY SO WE CAN BOTH BE PROTECTED!

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS TO E-MAIL ME YOUR EBAY USER ID AND COMPLETE NAME AND ADDRESS FOR SHIPPING

AND AFTER THAT EBAY WILL CONTACT YOU WITH MORE INFO REGARDING SHIPPING AND PAYMENT!

If you agree with my above terms, I'm sure that we can close the deal as soon as possible. I have
reserved the boat for you until I will have your final answer.

Sincerely,
Rick

I think the scam is getting my eBay account info, I also figure we can't go wrong with a 30 day warrenty?? So...you in???
Old 09-27-2007, 06:43 PM
Registered

What a phuckhead. When are people gonna stop scamming honest people.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:47 PM
Registered

I happened to hack Bill Gates eBay account and sent his info to this tool, old Bill will have the Feds on him so fast he will not know what hit him....
Old 09-27-2007, 06:52 PM
Registered

You know I e-mailed him also and got nothing back.......I guess he is waiting for you to fess up the cash...LMAO!!!
Old 09-27-2007, 07:06 PM
Registered

Yeah I came across a similar scam with Craigslist. By the grammar I would say the person is not American & probably not even in the USA.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:38 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Who in their right would believe an OL for $19K? That alone says something is wrong.

At least make it somewhat believable. This guy is not even a very good scammer.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:53 PM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

I've seen this crap a lot for the last year or so- it appears to be the same group that is 'selling' heavy equipment on eBay. Under NO circumstances should you give your used ID out or use Western Union wire transfers. Ebay is explicit on this. These idiots have been trying to sell new or newer John Deere, New Holland, Cat, etc. equipment and guarantee delivery.
If you see ridiculously low prices, free delivery, requests for your ID or money transfer, rest assured it's a scam! The poor spelling and lack of knowledge towards product worth should be enough of a clue. If you're so inclined, report it to eBay; they have an entire division working fraud in conjunction with the FBI.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jez350
Yeah I came across a similar scam with Craigslist. By the grammar I would say the person is not American & probably not even in the USA.
Bingo, just had it happen to me today trying to sell our 13ft mini speedboat.

Here it is:

Thanks so much for the update.Am very sorry for getting back to you late,the internet service was very slow and also phone network is as poor also to get someone clearly on phone is very hard.The price is not the problem but i think i have to be very careful this time when am transacting on the internet. I had fallen into the hands of some fradulent seller that, collected my money and ver ships out my item.

I hope i can trust you? Anyway, i intend to make fast payment as soon as i can before i travel to Bahamas in 2 weeks time, am offering you $3000 if you can reserve it for me. I will making my payment through US Certified check or money order and i will wait till you receive and cash it before i arrange for the shipping.

Shipping will be solely funded by me without you paying a dime, if you are okay with this, let me have your full name and address plus your reachable telephone number as it will be written on the check so that, i can forward it to my finance house to prepare your check immediately for you to receive it on time.

Do get back to me soonest..

Thanks...
Old 09-27-2007, 10:08 PM
Registered

It is a joke, the dork can't even proof read his letters, I mean if you are going to go to this much trouble you may as well read the darn thing. You know whats so bad about this, to some this is good grammar and they buy into it, these guys take billions from complete morons every year. Why can't I find these people first, I would take 1/2 of what these crooks do, and that makes it right, legally and morally I was going to screw with him but I figure it could come back to haunt me, like when they come to the USA to collect.....ohhhhh. So no takers on the investment group, I know, I'll make an email and send it to my entire address book and ask for a small fee to conduct business good for yours.