Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   kiss your kids everytime you see them (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/169830-kiss-your-kids-everytime-you-see-them.html)

Too Old 09-28-2007 08:52 AM

Mike,

Words can not convey my sorrow.

My wife and I lost a son in an auto accident less than a year ago.

It's going to take some time and a deep bond between you and your wife. In your time of sorrow, shower your wife with all the love you can muster. She deserves and needs it.

You are in our prayers.

Fred and Cynthia Cecil

waterheater 09-28-2007 08:58 AM

So sorry for your loss. Stay strong, and we will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

DoTheMath 09-28-2007 09:05 AM

I hate to hear stories like this. I've got a 2 1/2 yr. old at home and he is everything to me (and my wife). I had a friend go through the same thing you guys are, she was devastated but... they waited until the time was right and now have two great, happy, healthy kids. As was mentioned before, it is ok to be the "rock" but you also need to show your wife your human - she'll totally understand and you guys will get through it just fine.

Mark

speedygonzalez 09-28-2007 09:17 AM

Sorry to hear about your loss Mike, may God not only strengthen you and your wife, but give you a double blessing.
As I sit here this morning and read this my prayers go to and your wife. I know that this is one of those things that builds unbreakable relationships .

As a 43 year old grenpa, I have been recieved a double portion in this wrold, and it puts a lump on throat to hear thigs of this sort.

Again, my prayers to you both, God bless.

Jose.

Ms PatriYacht 09-28-2007 09:18 AM

So sorry to hear of your loss, it hurts me to read this so I can only imagine how you both are feeling. I have never had children but I was in the delivery room with a friend who's 8 lb baby only lived for about 6 hours, however she has gone on to have two healthy children. As others have said be close with each other and give your wife a chance to talk and cry as much as she needs to, us women often want to talk about stuff more.

I know it is early to think about this but eventually you will be ready to try again which is good since it sounds like you will be awesome parents. God Bless you both. Donna

jhiguy377 09-28-2007 10:25 AM

very sorry to hear this;wife and i went through this about 8 years ago; the little one will be waiting for you on the other side. - jeff

cfischer 09-28-2007 10:31 AM

Sorry about your loss. You know we're always here for you bro!!!

open87 09-28-2007 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by SteveDavid (Post 2287696)
Mike, although we've never met, I think a loss such as yours rings a universal chord in all hearts. Our prayers are with you and Jessica.

god bless....

Bullhead 09-28-2007 11:16 AM

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife

Semper Fi 09-28-2007 11:26 AM

Mike,

Sorry to hear that terrible news. I wish you and your family the best in these times. Take care of your wife, I think she probably needs alot of reassurance everything will be ok.