Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   kiss your kids everytime you see them (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/169830-kiss-your-kids-everytime-you-see-them.html)

Skeed UP 09-27-2007 10:00 PM

kiss your kids everytime you see them

About a month or so ago I posted to you guys that jessica and I were going to have a baby. Man yall sent some great photos of all you kids riding in the boats. We sat and starred at them and my tough guys BS faded away as I just smiled at the screen.]

Well things took a U turn yesterday and it has been very hard for me. We went for our first ultrasound to see if we were going to have a boy or girl...

I have been an EMT for six years now and have seen terrible things, but I have always known what steps to take to give it my best to save my patients life.

As we watched the screen zoom in we could clearly see a tiny baby with no heart beat. The doctor said it looked to be a week since the baby had passed away.

I have never felt so helpless in my life. I some how fell I know so many of you guys even though I have only a few of you. Sorry to be going on and on but I am having to be the one stays strong one around the house. Thanks for being there for me to talk to. You guys are like family.

Mike Jones

Brandon 09-27-2007 10:07 PM

Man, I am so sorry to hear that. Keep being strong through this, your wife needs it right now. Once again, so sorry to hear about this.
Brandon

MOBILEMERCMAN 09-27-2007 10:08 PM

Mike , Sorry for your loss. Go give Jessica a big hug. I hope good fortune finds you in the near future.
God Bless,
Jim

t500hps 09-27-2007 10:11 PM

OMG!! I am so sorry to hear that. I have no idea what to say but will keep the 2 of you in my thoughts.

Ted G 09-27-2007 10:11 PM

So sorry to hear this, our thoughts and prayers are with you, your wife, and your little one that is now in a better place. Stay strong, keep your love and your relationship strong, and try again as soon as you're both ready. Modern medicine can work wonders and it may just be a small change or a supplement that will allow you two to have a happy, healthy baby.

Chart 09-27-2007 10:32 PM

Very very sorry for your loss. While your feelings can only be fully understood by someone who's lost a child, my heart breaks for you. Parents aren't supposed to lose children.

fatdaddy 09-27-2007 10:43 PM

I am very sorry for your loss. I have 3 little guys and they mean the world to me. Stay strong and positive.

SteveDavid 09-27-2007 10:44 PM

Mike, although we've never met, I think a loss such as yours rings a universal chord in all hearts. Our prayers are with you and Jessica.

jafo 09-27-2007 10:56 PM

It breaks my heart to read things like this- I'm so sorry for your loss! We have gone through this twice since having our first (she is now 2 1/2), and are still hopeful that we can have another. My wife's doctor went through through this twice as well prior to having her first, and has been a source of inspiration to us. Give it a little time and try again- it will all work out!
Jim

jeff32 09-28-2007 12:27 AM

Sorry for you... but look at positive things... like you two are whealthy, so you may try again later! But it's easy for me to say, I've never been there. I still feel the pain you are going thru... good luck and keep your head up!