If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    My Boats:
    '99 33 Outlaw HP 500's,
    I guess this is the wrong place to complain about my $300 water bill. I was in such a hurry to get to the lake I left my hose on all weekend!

Platinum Member Platinum Member BL6's Avatar
    My Boats:
    33' Active Thunder w/ Verado's
    SW Mich / Cape Coral
    I realize that matter can not be destroyed, it just changes form or location. So I believe we have the same amount of water as when Jesus walked the earth.

However, there is less water in mid-west lakes recently, which makes boating less fun.

I don't know if there are actual cycles, but the continents have changed, flooded and changed again over the eons. Recently, self important man has decided we are reasonable for all these changes.

The one thing I can predict, is that clean water from the tap will become a precious commodity as the years pass.

Ohio / Florida
    If you have not looked at this before, take a look at the rings on a 100+ year old tree. You will clearly see the periods of drought and wet years in your area. The coolest one I've seen is an approx. 325 year old White Oak we took down in Ohio through my land clearing company. Really neat to study wet / dry periods over 3+ centuries. Fat rings = wet / cool periods & narrow rings = dry / hot periods. History trapped in bark!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234