Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Supercharged PWC; Sea-Doo... Holy Quickness! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/170059-supercharged-pwc%3B-sea-doo-holy-quickness.html)

Wobble 10-03-2007 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Chris288 (Post 2293687)
Yes, metal clutch washers for 08... That will stop the ceramics from fracturing and scoring the oil pumps and eventually blowing the motor from oil starvation, but it's not going to stop the super-charger itself from blowing like my buddies 07 rxp, or the hull design problem that causes 3/4's of the bottom to rip off in one big sheet... Rumor is all new hull for 09 RXP...

I had no idea, here is one thread http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=94795

Still, CanAm still offers a better warranty than most:D

Chris288 10-03-2007 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Wobble (Post 2293695)
I had no idea, here is one thread http://www.pwctoday.com/showthread.php?t=94795

Yep, ,that would be the hull delam. problem,,, funniest quote I ever heard about sea-bombs hull construction is they used wet bird cage newspaper. Most manufacturers offer 1 year with up to 4 more extended years for a total of 5..

Originally Posted by Wobble (Post 2293695)

Still, CanAm still offers a better warranty than most:D

Yah, if you can get them to honor it and fixed correctly, in a timely manner....

Sydwayz 10-03-2007 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by buck183 (Post 2293690)
Everyone can settle down a little and quit getting their panties in a wad.

I come from the old school of racing. I'm talking late 80's up through 2001. We used to start a pool before a runabout (couch racer) race started to see how many Sea Doos wouldn't start and hold the race up. If there were a handful of Sea Doos on the line you could bank your money that half of them wouldn't start.

They made horsepower....they didn't make reliability.

As for the current model with superchargers and 4-stroke engines. I wouldn't have a clue as to which one to buy. I have a funny feeling I'd still be on a stand up anyway so it wouldn't matter.

Buck

ROFL! Had not heard that in a LONG time.... Couch Racer. :D :D :D

Keytime 10-03-2007 05:36 PM

I own a PWC and I hate swimmers. Paddlin', splashin' b*stards... :violent-smiley-045: :cool-smiley-011:

Got a friend with a stock RXP and needed work done on the supercharger bearings, I believe. Maybe that's typical. Don't know.
As for Yamahas, I hate 'em. I've been trying to destroy a limited Waveblaster for 5 years and I can't kill the d*mn thing!! Same for my YZ250 race bike. :angry-smiley-055:

When we line up the RXP, the Blaster, and a few stock 2 and 3 seater couches, the RXP and Blaster launch like demons and leave everyone. Then he steadily pulls away. About 20 seconds later, everyone comes flying past me. lol
I'll stick with my carving demon.

:ernaehrung004:

Mercury_Challenger 10-03-2007 05:45 PM

I have ran the jet skis and sea-doo boats for a many years. About the best engine sea-doo ever made for reliability was the old 2 stroke 580 engines, no power but we have them on lake gaston still running today. Clean the carbs every now and then and regular service, good to go. I have had the SPs, XPs, the sea-doo speedster twin 717s, you name it.......about everything up to the newer SCed engines. Sea-doos are like performance machines, you got to work on them all the time, if you don't they will leave you hanging. Yamaha on the other hand has a reliable ski engine......I have a GP 760, 1997 model that is in my bunch of toys, still runs, good all around riding ski. The sea-doo boats in my opinion.......buy the one with the mercury sport jet and you;ll be fine, other than that I stay away from them. The ceramic in the SCed engines were showing failure early, but it was mostly the ones that had mods done to them. Some, and a very limited number of the stockers ever saw much damage. Its just like everything else.........if you start in on the mods, the weak link will come out, just happen to be the ceramic in this case. As far as the hull goes............every mfg. out there has had some hull problems at one point or another, guaranteed. Its all in what you want when it comes down to it, do you want a fast ski to ride and mod, or do you want a couch you can tie to a pier and leave for weeks to ride with-out much service??

Standup skis...............yall still ride those out dated toys??

Mercury_Challenger 10-03-2007 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Keytime (Post 2294159)
I own a PWC and I hate swimmers. Paddlin', splashin' b*stards... :violent-smiley-045: :cool-smiley-011:

Got a friend with a stock RXP and needed work done on the supercharger bearings, I believe. Maybe that's typical. Don't know.
As for Yamahas, I hate 'em. I've been trying to destroy a limited Waveblaster for 5 years and I can't kill the d*mn thing!! Same for my YZ250 race bike. :angry-smiley-055:

When we line up the RXP, the Blaster, and a few stock 2 and 3 seater couches, the RXP and Blaster launch like demons and leave everyone. Then he steadily pulls away. About 20 seconds later, everyone comes flying past me. lol

Same here, my old GP760 has a heck of a hole shot.......but they all pass it in the end. That 2 stroke power is hard to beat down low.

buck183 10-03-2007 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Keytime (Post 2294159)

Keytime, I knew I liked you when I talked to you the other night. Now I know why.

A Blaster is the ONLY sit down craft you will ever catch me riding. It's a true rider's machine. I can sit on my couch and squeeze a throttle just like everyone else but I choose not to. :D

Buck

Chris288 10-04-2007 07:32 AM

Ceramic washer failures are WIDE SPREAD, It has very little to do with modifications and plenty to do with being a piss poor design, and in typical sea-puke fashion they failed to address for 4 years and do the right thing which would have been a recall... It took aftermarket companies like Riva and 4tek to design, develop, test and market an aftermarket steele washer that sea-bomb has now adopted for 08, which still does not solve the problems of the superchargers themselves going BOOM ...

Dean Ferry 10-04-2007 07:41 AM

Well,
We have a 2006 Seadoo 15' jetboat "Sportster" withe 155HP 4-TEC engine, non-SC engine, with about 100 hours on it and it runs like a champ. That little boat will do 50 MPH with 2 people and 1/2 tank of gas. I hope we don't have any of the problems you guys are talking about above. If we want to go fast, we just take the Nordic out!:D
Dean

Scott 10-04-2007 07:44 AM

We have a 07 15' Speedster with the 215hp SC engine

and here is the link for info you need to know if you own one:rolleyes:

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=19887