If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Platinum Member Platinum Member cigrocket's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Playboy T/S
    Endicott, NY

Thumbs up

Winterize, so it doesn't keep you up at night. The fact is that the question came up, so you already had doubt. Extra few bucks to fill with antifreeze. Less then a bar tab
    the "Bunnny Lounge"

I use RV antifreeze- it's way less sloppy to clean up.

I did the emergency winterize one night (all night) on two boats and two jetskis. Not much fun.

Fairport Harbor OH
    Quote Originally Posted by BOBCATMATHEWS View Post
    all it takes is a huge snow/icestorm no power for a couple days,i would prep it like it was outside in alaska,can't hurt and the cost isn't that much different. my .02 cents.
    Ditto!!! We have heated storage and always winterize with antifreeze and stabilizer.

My Boats:
    36' Apache Warrior
    Elkton, MD
    Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    Extended storage. You should prepare your boat to sit whether its indoors or out. Protect the fuel system. Protect cooling system and external surfaces from corrosion. It's best to drain and replace with an anti freeze like propylene glycol. To drain and leave dry is worse then leaving water in it as far as corrosion goes. For what little it costs it's foolish not to do the best you can with it. Sure you can get away with less, but why?

I agree with Jim! Besides everything else it also provides internal engine protection to fog the motors.... I fog my lawn mower in the winter and snowblower in the summer...

In addition to that, if I'm working on a boat with a big lift cam and high seat pressure I also go thru and loosen up the rocker arms so all the valves are closed over the winter... The belief is the springs retain a memory from being compressed for a long period of time.... It may be overkill but only do it on big HP engines with big cams.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12