Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
32 Skater races a pontoon boat?? >

32 Skater races a pontoon boat??

Notices

32 Skater races a pontoon boat??

Old 10-02-2007, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts
Default 32 Skater races a pontoon boat??

This past Sunday my wife and I were out for a nice cruise on the Chain-0-Lakes here in Illinois. Enjoying the nice weather and water running about 40mph, just sightseeing. Out of nowhere there is a pontoon running along side me at 40 mph! Normally I would think this boat is hauling the mail to be going 40. But something tells me this pontoon is no ordinary boat. The owner is smiling at me and the I/O sounds mean. My wife is laughing and tells me on the intercom he wants to race. We both push the noise sticks forward and away we go, 50 mph, 60 mph, 70 mph, he is still right next to me, 80 mph and my wife is laughing and saying he is still there! Finally we lost him when we hit 90. I had to stop and talk to owner of what must be the fastest pontoon in the world. Ken Gaudy is his name and he even ran in the LOTO shootout. It think it is a 540 CI around 650-700 hp and it sounds real mean. He then proceeded to pick on every fast boat in sight. He beat just about every fast boat on the lake. Imagine running WOT in your go fast boat and some dude in a pontoon blows by you at close to 90 mph! FUNNY.

Last edited by Brad Zastrow; 10-02-2007 at 10:54 AM.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

I was a little worried as to how that story was going to end!!
Old 10-02-2007, 11:02 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this one claims to be the worlds fastest with twin whippled 496s
http://www.cp-performance.com/custom4.html

Like I have always said,,with enough money
ANYTHING can be made fast..
Old 10-02-2007, 11:07 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

How bad would you feel if you were in your go-fast and some guy in a pontoon passes you flipping burgers on the grill.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:13 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We should get a jump on things and start that guys "prayers" thread today.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:18 AM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

haha, good kill Brad !
Old 10-02-2007, 11:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is one that I have seen at Shelbyville lake that twin 300xs on it. I was told it ran in the 90's. I know it smoked my buddies Checkmate handliy that ran around 70.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:57 AM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Young Performance
How bad would you feel if you were in your go-fast and some guy in a pontoon passes you flipping burgers on the grill.
LOL. I would sell my boat if that happened.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:36 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow
This past Sunday my wife and I were out for a nice cruise on the Chain-0-Lakes here in Illinois. Enjoying the nice weather and water running about 40mph, just sightseeing. Out of nowhere there is a pontoon running along side me at 40 mph! Normally I would think this boat is hauling the mail to be going 40. But something tells me this pontoon is no ordinary boat. The owner is smiling at me and the I/O sounds mean. My wife is laughing and tells me on the intercom he wants to race. We both push the noise sticks forward and away we go, 50 mph, 60 mph, 70 mph, he is still right next to me, 80 mph and my wife is laughing and saying he is still there! Finally we lost him when we hit 90. I had to stop and talk to owner of what must be the fastest pontoon in the world. Ken Gaudy is his name and he even ran in the LOTO shootout. It think it is a 540 CI around 650-700 hp and it sounds real mean. He then proceeded to pick on every fast boat in sight. He beat just about every fast boat on the lake. Imagine running WOT in your go fast boat and some dude in a pontoon blows by you at close to 90 mph! FUNNY.
Wow! Very curious...what did this pontoon boat look like? Was it is your regular looking party barge with oil drum hull?

Michael
Old 10-02-2007, 12:39 PM
Ike
Charter Member#93
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Young Performance

Quick Reply: 32 Skater races a pontoon boat??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.