Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Unhappy progressive customer...recommendations??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/170220-unhappy-progressive-customer-recommendations.html)

fantastixvoyage 10-03-2007 08:17 AM

Unhappy progressive customer...recommendations???

So a buddy of mine is with Progressive and totally getting shafted. I'm curious if a company doesnt require a survey or even pictures how can they turn him down for "pre-existing conditions"? Anyone go thru this and able to win?

So as some of you seen a while back my boat was awaiting inspection from Progressive after I had hit something a while back and a month and a half later found out my hull had a crack under the drive. The boat sat in the water for over a month with a crack in it and I found it almost sunk Labor day weekend and had it pulled out and discovered the crack. So Progressive states that the transom was weak before the incident and denies my claim leaving me with a cracked hull needing to be fixed not to mention the Engine parts and trim pump etc that also got soaked and will need to be replaced next year. So claim denied because of pre-existing damage, this is comical because Progressive doesn’t require a survey nor pictures. When I originally signed up I asked and they said they needed nothing but pictures couldn’t hurt. Well I had pictures of the boat with no damage but guess what, it didn’t help. So an Insurance company does not require a survey but then denies you because you supposedly had damage that you didn’t know about and never had accessed. So please if you guys want to pay for insurance only to realize you don’t really have insurance please choose PROGRESSIVE!! I would like to thank the fine Progressive team that helped me out; Erik Stamps my claims rep, Mike Zarney his boss, and at the top Shimay.

Clay Washington 10-03-2007 10:37 AM

Time to get a lawyer! :(

Donman 10-03-2007 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage (Post 2293335)
So please if you guys want to pay for insurance only to realize you don’t really have insurance please choose PROGRESSIVE!!

This worries me. I have Progressive Insurance on my boat. :readinghelp: I also questioned how they could insure my boat without a survey or without seeing it.

I think I`d get a lawyer involved.

obnoxus 10-03-2007 11:18 AM

My ins company goes by the age of the boat.

I had to get a survey on my 97 38 Special, but not when I bought the 2000 36 Outlaw

OldSchool 10-03-2007 12:02 PM

I had Progressive when I owned my '31 Bullet. They required me to get a survey (maybe because it was a 1988??? I never had a claim, but they always cashed my check!!!

Good luck!!!

Fountain38SC 10-03-2007 12:06 PM

Total BS - 2 words, Bad Faith. Call the state insurance board, I've had several clients resolve claims thru the board. Let me know if you need help.

Kent

45sonic 10-03-2007 12:47 PM

Look out for Progressive. From personal experience in the automotive business they will try anything to keep from paying for damages.

State insurance board, lawyer, or try getting hold of a supervisor bypassing the adjuster.

Good luck

fantastixvoyage 10-03-2007 12:50 PM

Anyone know if this is true????

Progressive Auto Insurance is a BIG FUNDER of LEFT WING Crazy Politics.
I would never use them anyways !
They are donating $$ to crazy causes, and fightimg against what real americans want.
Daily !

George Soros and the Progressive Insurance owner are 2 huge left wing, anti american buddies !
So I am not suprised they denieed your claim, they steal from the public, and keep their money overseas in Tax free acounts and use it to attck the foundation of america with their rhetoric, and propoganda...
No Pledage alegience in schools, support the no christmas, and do support for muslim holidays...andything that goes against amreica is what progressive really supports.

baja bailey 10-03-2007 01:01 PM

I had to fight with them a few years back to get the wifes car fixed. New car and they wanted to put used parts back on..:confused: