Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Looking for someone around Algonac MI to pull out pillings or cut them off underwater (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/170240-looking-someone-around-algonac-mi-pull-out-pillings-cut-them-off-underwater.html)

phughes69 10-03-2007 11:11 AM

Looking for someone around Algonac MI to pull out pillings or cut them off underwater

My dad expanded his boat house and now needs to have some pillings that are almost in the middle of his boat house removed. He is trying to find someone who has an underwater chainsaw that can do the job. He cant use a crane because the boathouse is covered by a deck. He could try to pull them out using a chain fall, but he would need a bean 14' long to span the boat well. He talked to a local guy that installs seawalls, but the guy did not have the equipment to remove it.

Strip Poker 388 10-03-2007 01:38 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Local bar closed down, before and during picks. I watched some being pulled,they hook a cable and pulled them sideways from land, they claim most broke off at the mud line ,suposledy there were 10ft into the mud, when looking at the stack on poles on land there were a lot that were shorter that others:(. they say you cant really pull straight up because of the suction ,but if you wiggle back and forth it might come up.

Strip Poker 388 10-03-2007 01:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
lots of poles

matt81 10-03-2007 08:47 PM

call one of the dive companys in michigan, they can do it, prolly going to be pricey though,

Baja_Bigdog 10-03-2007 09:44 PM

If you find someone with a large jetting device, the pillings should come out easily. It's just like putting them in, only in reverse.

rush 10-03-2007 10:05 PM

They may be taller than the roofline, if its knot that many I would get the chainsaw and know they were cut at the bottom.

MES 10-03-2007 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388 (Post 2293798)
Local bar closed down, before and during picks. I watched some being pulled,they hook a cable and pulled them sideways from land, they claim most broke off at the mud line ,suposledy there were 10ft into the mud, when looking at the stack on poles on land there were a lot that were shorter that others:(. they say you cant really pull straight up because of the suction ,but if you wiggle back and forth it might come up.

Is that the place at the resevoir that Dewitt use to own?

Strip Poker 388 10-03-2007 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by MES (Post 2294551)
Is that the place at the resevoir that Dewitt use to own?

yeap, the law got so bad on DUI's, it put them out:( then he sold the marina.He at one time he was the largest bar in MS.

you been there before?

matt81 10-04-2007 12:11 AM

"They may be taller than the roofline, if its knot that many I would get the chainsaw and know they were cut at the bottom."

hydraclic chain saw will cut them off on bottom, ive used them before underwater