If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Boats:
    1988 Cruisers 2800 Rogue

BT. Thanks for wording what I really wanted to say in a clear and understandable way.

My Boats:
    330 Carver 30' Scarab Panther 17' ProV Lund

Formula31... I think you said what you wanted to say very well. I am just glad someone had the courage to bring it up. The crown jewel of our sport is the fact that it is largely unregulated, meaning we are on our own to act responsibly. That is my preference, particularly in today's society.

Riverside, California

Thumbs up

Formula 31,

We all have our opinions.

My opinion is that I DISAGREE with you vehemently about your assertion that “the danger” is part of the excitement of any boating trip.

Personally, I never intentionally put anybody’s life at risk in pursuit of an adrenalin rush. With that being said, maybe you should inform your passengers about your boating philosophy, before they get on your boat.

I doubt this tragic incident will have any effect upon the legislative body. However, you better believe it’s opened a can of worms as to why the boat (and others) have been allowed to test high speed runs at a lake in which the speed limit is 35 mph.

Allan’s post about this subject is by far the most constructive and meaningful (and no, I’m not kissing anyone’s ass).

Red face

I don't see why they'd put a 35mph speed limit on that lake anyways.. Your right it certainly did open a can of worms there.. People can preach all day long about not obeying the 35mph speed limit at castaic, but it doesn't change the fact that it's ridiculous..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12