Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Well, my motor is out!!! Now the fun can begin... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/17038-well-my-motor-out-now-fun-can-begin.html)

MitchStellin 01-13-2002 07:59 PM

Well, we'll have to see. I really think the Lake is going to dry up so I want something i can float in 2ft of water. How are things going? I have given up on winter so I need to start thinking sun. Are you up for riding some weekend? It just might snow you know. We should plan on a weekend. Can you get Fri's off?

traviss 01-13-2002 08:02 PM

mitch.. you know its never gonna snow :p

I know you sold the donzi.. You looking to buy a bigger boat? what we gonna get to ride in this year ;)

Waterfoul 01-13-2002 08:02 PM

Now that I think about it more, I know I loosened up one of the bolts because it had a ground wire attached to it. The other two I'm not so sure about.

As for the motor, it's out for two reasons...I use about a quart of oil an hour (not fouling plugs, must be going out the exhaust valves or something similar) so I'm haveing a complete valve job done, also thinking about having the heads worked a little to improve flow. That depends on the money situation.

Second, I need to re-mount my bilge pumps and do some cleaning/painting in the bilge. Can't do that with the motor in.

traviss 01-13-2002 08:04 PM

all i can picture is a little troll in the bilge ;)

Waterfoul 01-13-2002 08:07 PM

Mitch, if you're willing to let me ride your second sled, I'll get a Friday off one of these weekends. Let me know a couple of weeks in advance (as long as it doesn't interfere with the boat show circuit!). I just can't afford to rent a sled this winter. You're talking about going to the u.p, right?

Rob REALLY want's to go too. He's p[retty much done with the house now, so he's got some free time. He might be going to the Chicago Boat Show too. By the way, your offer of the Burb still stand???

MitchStellin 01-13-2002 08:09 PM

Traviss, I am not sure yet but we will hook up sometime. The Zodiac I was looking at is 21ft with a merc 115. It is great for all lakes and is different. I just don't know about going bigger. It was a blast but real expensive. I spent more on oil changes for the Donzi than the Zodiac would use in gas for a season and I did the changes myself. :D Oh, it will snow so don't take the chains off the blazer yet. :D

traviss 01-13-2002 08:11 PM

Mitch. i drive the ghetto s-10.. we got 4 inches and I had snow up to my front bumper LOL!! :o

Is this zodiac inflatable kinda or solid hull?

MitchStellin 01-13-2002 08:13 PM

Yeh Mike you can ride one of mine. The UP is the only place with snow so that would be the place. I am bringing them home this weekend just in case it snows here so if it does we can ride close by. I am still worrking on the Chicago boat show. So far no plans so we should keep in touch. I really want to go so I am going to keep it open. Are you around for lunch anymore? I saw Rob and Linda Fri night and he does want to go so lets get planning.

MitchStellin 01-13-2002 08:15 PM

It is a RIB or a solid hull deep V with the pontoons around it. Just like a Coast Guard boat but a little smaller. Those are 26ft. It can go thru any wave you can find.

Waterfoul 01-13-2002 08:17 PM

Plan away. As for lunch, I get 18 friggen minutes to slam down whatever I brought with me for the day. Sucks. BIG TIME!!!