Need Opinions of Turn Down Tail Pipes

Notices

Need Opinions of Turn Down Tail Pipes

Old 10-07-2007, 01:02 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Opinions of Turn Down Tail Pipes

The application includes approximately 1,000 HP and 600 CI turbocharged,idling at 1,000 -1,100 RPM...Drivelines and transmissions (for length puposes) ....What is your metod of choice for quieting the exhaust. Also, your preferance of tail pipe diameter.

Thanks for any input !
Old 10-08-2007, 07:04 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Mine are 5" pipes running 653CI Zul's with blowers... I like them very usefull at idle and still screams when your running...

Trick marine had them Custom Built with measurements from a work sheet they provided and I sent them.
Attached Thumbnails Need Opinions of Turn Down Tail Pipes-dd1.jpg   Need Opinions of Turn Down Tail Pipes-dsc00654a.jpg   Need Opinions of Turn Down Tail Pipes-dd3.jpg  

Old 10-08-2007, 07:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by GLH
Mine are 5" pipes running 653CI Zul's with blowers... I like them very usefull at idle and still screams when your running...

Trick marine had them Custom Built with measurements from a work sheet they provided and I sent them.
I didn't get to hear them idle the other day ( because all the other boats were running) But I did see that they are above the water when sitting still, I thought they were supposed to be under untill on plane. Buy the way the boat looked great.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:20 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I Have Them On Mine 598/800 Hp Under water till you got on plane still pretty quiet cause they face the water and the sound gets muffled a little, but still loud enough
Old 10-08-2007, 04:18 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thanks Guys !
Old 10-08-2007, 07:06 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

I'll give you the other side of it. I just removed some 4.5" turn downs from my boat. They worked flawlessly and were quiet when not on plane, but would soak about the back 5 feet of the swim platform from the spashing. On plane, they were quieter than before (Stellings dry pipes) and had no effect on performance. If the PoPo were enforcing noise laws around where I live, they would still be on my boat....but they don't and I'm loud as chit again. My neighbors love me.....what can I say?????????????:ernaehrung00 4:
Old 10-09-2007, 06:44 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
I'll give you the other side of it. I just removed some 4.5" turn downs from my boat. They worked flawlessly and were quiet when not on plane, but would soak about the back 5 feet of the swim platform from the spashing. On plane, they were quieter than before (Stellings dry pipes) and had no effect on performance. If the PoPo were enforcing noise laws around where I live, they would still be on my boat....but they don't and I'm loud as chit again. My neighbors love me.....what can I say?????????????:ernaehrung00 4:
I get a bit of splash back also but not enough to be annoyed about.

Also I run my boat I don't just use it to pose on idle hours on end like some Civil Servant...
Old 10-09-2007, 07:13 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
The hole goes down Craig. Were you trying to make your Cig look like a Yammie PWC?
Old 10-09-2007, 07:23 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by GLH
I get a bit of splash back also but not enough to be annoyed about.
It didn't annoy me, it annoyed Nancy.......everytime that she went back there to attach lines. If Nancy aint happy....well, you know!

[/QUOTE]
Also I run my boat I don't just use it to pose on idle hours on end like some Civil Servant... [/QUOTE]

I'm not known to take it easy on my chit!!
Old 10-10-2007, 03:34 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'm leaning toward using the turn down pipes....Thought about asking Stelling for pipes with GGB ? inline mufflers...Randy provided a good quote,though he doesn't have a CMI flange ring...customer furnished item...Unknown burn through in the mufflers and then potential reversion bothers me a bit.....I'm not sure the Stelling ---GGB combo will pass the DB test ...Maybe someone here knows.

Quick Reply: Need Opinions of Turn Down Tail Pipes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.