Notices

NIOC River shiver ????

Old 10-10-2007, 07:43 AM
Charter Member #139 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NIOC River shiver ????

Hey guys someone fill fill me in on what happened on the river shiver

I am in Austria and have heard the phone has been ringing off of the hook withe the waterway and mcheny with complaints about 4 abreast down the river to almost swamping boats and Mineola really pissed due to the extended hot laps swamping his peir.

Whats the truth were members really running river 4 abreast a a good rate of speed If this is true will prob seal our fate with a river speed limit.

I know the police were monitoring the run on the river but we all know they will buckle to a large public outcry which appears to be happening

Not something the chain needed
Old 10-10-2007, 07:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i ran the run and my speedo in the river never made it past 50 congestion was largely part id say i did see some 4 abreast at certain times but mainly was a well organized event and felt safe with my wife and 9 tyear old on board my 29 foot fountain not a big boat by no means , being the weather was ninty there were many others using the water thus making the run seem larger than the 70 boats in it im sure this menola guys dock didnt see any more dammage than the high water could have caused hell id love to own a dock on that body of water to watch this fantastic event crybayies the way i see it !! i believe most ran two hot laps was what we were told to do i enjoyed watching theese boats run a little thanks rob
Old 10-10-2007, 08:55 AM
Charter Member

I know actual events when viewed from boat versus view from shore are two seperate thing

Just commenting the phone was off the hook with all of the agencys from what I hear
Old 10-10-2007, 09:37 AM
Registered

I also know the group I was in was pretty much single file. And as far as the speed, my little 21 Skater was'nt going much faster than fifty in that water.
If Mineola was *****ing, I would be surprised, considering they were one of the stops on the run. I have also not seen Mineola that busy other than weddings. I personally thought the run was great and the cops did everything right. You know that no matter what happens or happened, there will always being people *****ing about "the noise", "the speed", and "the size" of our boats! I hope this run does not hurt our sport. Like they say "you can't satisfy everybody" Later, Dave

Last edited by WARLOCKDAVE; 10-10-2007 at 09:41 AM.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:44 AM
Registered

Kirk...The boat looks great, what a difference! And by the way, I think I was in front of you as usual!! Ha, Ha, Later, Dave
Old 10-10-2007, 09:55 AM
Charter Member

hey guys I wish I could have been along but this was from my girlfriend who got it from waterway people who come into the bar she works at they have never had so may complaints called it so what ever happend it sure mad a uproar
Kirk did the club get any feed back from the wtareway police or water way
agency
Old 10-10-2007, 10:24 AM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts

I was not part of the run but we were out all day sunday and sort of lagged behind just to check all the boats out.
I personally think NIOC and all parties involved did a great job keeping things under control and they desrve a big round of applause for this.
We sat off in the cove just south of Johnsburg road and watched them all come down the river and they were all pretty much single file. I only saw a couple guys that were running two wide and they were all going pretty slow and just cruising at a nice pace.
The only time anyone opened them up was out on fox lake and I thought it was awsome to see what kind of raw power and speed some of them have.
Plus, since it is October and it was another record setting day teperature wise, EVERYBODY and their brother was out enjoying the day.
It has been a long time since I have seen the river and lakes that busy.
Personally,
I would think that almost all the homeowners on the river knew this was the weekend that this run was taking place and if they hate the noise and just can't stand seeing a big group of truly awsome boats out for one last run of the year, maybe they should have found something else to do that day or better yet, maybe they should consider moving. Its not like they just ran up and down the river all day. In reality, between the run down and back up, homeowners had to put up with it for what maybe a total of a half hour that day. Gimme a break!
This is like listening to people ***** about airplanes taking off and landing when they live right next to a friggin airport.
If you dont like it, dont live there!
This is all just my .02 though.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by debcod2
I was not part of the run but we were out all day sunday and sort of lagged behind just to check all the boats out.
I personally think NIOC and all parties involved did a great job keeping things under control and they desrve a big round of applause for this.
We sat off in the cove just south of Johnsburg road and watched them all come down the river and they were all pretty much single file. I only saw a couple guys that were running two wide and they were all going pretty slow and just cruising at a nice pace.
The only time anyone opened them up was out on fox lake and I thought it was awsome to see what kind of raw power and speed some of them have.
Plus, since it is October and it was another record setting day teperature wise, EVERYBODY and their brother was out enjoying the day.
It has been a long time since I have seen the river and lakes that busy.
Personally,
I would think that almost all the homeowners on the river knew this was the weekend that this run was taking place and if they hate the noise and just can't stand seeing a big group of truly awsome boats out for one last run of the year, maybe they should have found something else to do that day or better yet, maybe they should consider moving. Its not like they just ran up and down the river all day. In reality, between the run down and back up, homeowners had to put up with it for what maybe a total of a half hour that day. Gimme a break!
This is like listening to people ***** about airplanes taking off and landing when they live right next to a friggin airport.
If you dont like it, dont live there!
This is all just my .02 though.
You just took the words out of my mouth!!! Later, Dave
Old 10-10-2007, 11:08 AM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by WARLOCKDAVE
You just took the words out of my mouth!!! Later, Dave
I'm starting to think most of the people that are *****en like to single out us go fast guys because they cant afford one and if they cant have one then no body else should either.

Its kind of funny how at the begining of the year the guy with the white canopied Fountain (lettering in blue )was causing alot of problems and then he kind of disappeared and the complaints seemed to have died down.
Now we have one day of controlled fun and everybody has their panties in a bunch again!!!!
Old 10-10-2007, 11:42 AM
Charter Member

Originally Posted by debcod2
, maybe they should have found something else to do that day or better yet, maybe they should consider moving. Its not like they just ran up and down the river all day. In reality, between the run down and back up, homeowners had to put up with it for what maybe a total of a half hour that day. Gimme a break!
hey just look around at states that are banning performance boat on some lakes it can happen I was not home but if everything was single file and oerfect gthey would not have set a record for complaints From what I heard from my gitlfrien they were 4 abreast by my house and people are clamoring for no wake on river and speed limiy on chain

The comments of no wake come from people with the political clout to make it happen

Quick Reply: NIOC River shiver ????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.