Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
SEA DOO 951 SBT BRAND NEW MOTOR any ideas >

SEA DOO 951 SBT BRAND NEW MOTOR any ideas

Notices

SEA DOO 951 SBT BRAND NEW MOTOR any ideas

Old 10-09-2007, 07:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What shop is charging 1100 for an install ? My shop has an $120 an hour labor rate for water craft and we still put in longblocks for 400-600 depending on the craft. What do you have? We put it SBT engines all the time, I have 2 in my own skis and havn't had a problem. I would say we get 1 bad one out of 30 or so.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:23 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LapseofReason
What shop is charging 1100 for an install ? My shop has an $120 an hour labor rate for water craft and we still put in longblocks for 400-600 depending on the craft. What do you have? We put it SBT engines all the time, I have 2 in my own skis and havn't had a problem. I would say we get 1 bad one out of 30 or so.
SOUTHEND BOAT SHOP in Frankfort , he said he spent 32 hours on the SEA DOO since they normally only work on Kawasakis
.its a SEA DOO Millenium
Old 10-09-2007, 07:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by racer-x6
If I recall SBT recommends removing the oil injection pump and installing a cross over line and plug that they sell. I would call SBT direct and verify this. If so the shop did not do the job right.
THNX will call there tech line this morning
Old 10-09-2007, 08:16 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I dunno about SBT, I have heard same situations as yours. BTW SBT now have their own forum, check it out see if someone can help you.

http://www.sbtontheweb.com/forum/
Old 10-09-2007, 10:00 AM
Registered

The last SBT engine I installed was a 717 in my speedster, I think it hit me up for like $800 + core. The usual labor rate for an engine install should be no more than $400 tops, thats doing a good deal of labor on it at that rate. Thats tune issues and everything.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:02 AM
Registered

ups just brought a warranty engine from sbt, the first one blew up after about 5 hours of run time,it was out of warranty by a couple of weeks and they still honored it,i will say that about them
Old 10-10-2007, 07:15 AM
Registered

Take it to another shop if you have to pay anyway, that would be a $500 swap at my shop. And we would chop the labor in half just to help out if the motor let go in that short of time.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by copiercat
ups just brought a warranty engine from sbt, the first one blew up after about 5 hours of run time,it was out of warranty by a couple of weeks and they still honored it,i will say that about them
SBT /Justin said on the phone yesterday they will take the motor apart when they get it and analize the problem and call when report is done,sounds like they'll be wanting to sell me another motor even though i bought a 2 yr warranty
Old 10-10-2007, 07:36 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by LapseofReason
Take it to another shop if you have to pay anyway, that would be a $500 swap at my shop. And we would chop the labor in half just to help out if the motor let go in that short of time.
Wish your shop was a bit closer , Sounds like he overcharged a bit but now he seems to be avoiding the shop phone, and wont pick up the cell now for 2 days
Old 10-10-2007, 08:43 AM
Registered

justin analized mine and never said nothing about what happened, they just said a new one was shipping out,i had put a brand new oil pump on the motor "just because," im taking it off and going to run pre-mix from now on. i know they have a No-Fault warranty even if you didnt have any oil in it, which is not bad for a company to honor but i have heard of crappy builds that dont last from them from my local dealer as they dont use sbt anymore for the same reasons your stating

Quick Reply: SEA DOO 951 SBT BRAND NEW MOTOR any ideas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.